Happy Homemaker Monday

 






♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
It's basically spring. 

70 on Monday. 
60 on Tuesday. 
50 the rest of the week! 
 

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
  Waiting for that green to start sprouting.  I know it's still early but I'm so sick of this ugliness. 
 

♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Resting my back. I ran errands this morning and my back is screaming at me! 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
I was just thinking that I need to stock up on more food.  I feel a strong pull to have enough food and water put aside for several months.  I have enough right now for about two months.  

♥♥On my bedside table♥♥
I took most of the books into my craft/study room.  My Bible is next to the bed, my five year prayer journal, pens, and some Fresca. 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

Hurting a lot today.  I have been feeling better mood-wise for the past month or so.  I have something wrong with my left thumb at the base.  Might be tendonitis? I'm seeing the doctor on Wednesday. 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
A You-Tube video and my fan. 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
I did not have any breakfast today.
               
  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
I had a Wendy's chili.   
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
 I think I will either have plain pasta and sauce or a wrap -  I'm too tired to really cook.

 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Black yoga pants and a 1980s logo t-shirt
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

I'm about 1/2-way through The Women by Kristin Hannah.  It is super good!  Still slogging through Wuthering Heights.  I loved this book in my 20s - what happened?

I'm also reading (and doing) The Artists' Way.  I've been doing Morning Pages too.  Great book! 

♥♥ On my TV ♥♥

YouTube
Dateline

♥♥ On the menu for this week♥♥
Monday - Breakfast burritos
Tuesday - Shrimp and vegetable stir fry
Wednesday - Uno night at Dad's
Thursday -  Farfalle and meatballs
Friday - Tofu tacos and Spanish rice
Saturday - Great Northern Bean soup 
Sunday - C.O.R.N. soup 


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
Started decorating for spring/Easter. I got a super cute metal yellow chick for my fireplace mantle. 
 

♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

 
Monday - Work, 10 a.m. virtual Bible study, Jennah class, Writing group
Tuesday - Work, Writing group
Wednesday - Dr. appointment, work, Jennah class, Uno/dinner with Dad
Thursday -   Work, Writing group
Friday - Work, 12 p.m. virtual Bible study, Writing group
Saturday - Writing group, 2 p.m. workshop
Sunday - Sabbath (trying to get to a place where no work is done.  I'm not there yet, but working toward it)

♥♥ From the camera ♥♥




♥♥ What I'm creating/studying/Pinning ♥♥
I did a few junk journal pages this week and really enjoyed myself. 

♥♥ You Tube/Blog Post to share ♥♥
Some food for thought..... 


♥♥Praying for♥♥
Everyone who feels the same heaviness in their hearts that I do about the state of the world. 
Our Military and our allies. 
All those being affected by war. 
Our government, with all of the big decisions happening and coming in the future. 
Those affected by the Texas wildfires. 
My family and friends. 

♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥



Comments

  1. Really enjoyed reading your post today. LOVE the pictures of your co-worker and the cereal thief - so cute. I hope your week is wonderful despite the wide range of temperatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry!
    So envious of your temps and dreaming on Spring here too.
    I hope your thumb is okay. I hate my current age of some ache and pain showing up regularly. I miss the days when I always woke up feeling great. Lol
    Love your sweet kitties - so cute! 💗
    Blessings on your week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoi Sherry,
    It's Wednesday here now, and I'm responding to your post. First of all, thank you so much for stopping by. Your comment on my blog was really nice. Secondly, it's Wednesday, and you mentioned that you were going to the doctor for your thumb. I'm so curious to hear what he said about it (or do you have a female doctor?). I hope it's nothing serious.

    I also have a question about stocking up on food. Why do you do it? And also, when you do, have you never bought fresh vegetables at the market or anything like that to eat on the same day? Maybe these are silly questions, but I thought I'd just ask.

    I find it so intriguing: the writing groups you schedule. Have you ever written an extensive blog about how it works there? I'll have to scroll back.

    Sending warm "groetjes" from a misty central Netherlands,
    Aritha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats are adorable. Hope all is ok with your thumb. Watching the youtube channel right now. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts