Happy Homemaker Tuesday

 



I have a lot of exciting things going on!  I've been so busy getting things taken care of.  I'll fill you in next Monday!  

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
It's that perfect springtime weather - sunny and 70 one day and raining and 50 the next! 
 

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
  It's raining, muddy, and gray.  But the lilacs are just starting to bloom on the tree outside my office window and there are buds on the trees.  
 

♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Just about to start work and praying it will not be another whirlwind day like yesterday!  After an hour-and-a-half of overtime, I still had over 80 emails to close out!  We are short handed and yesterday was end of month/end of quarter! 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
I was thinking earlier this morning that I might just be over-planning myself.  Every morning, I fill out my Prayerful Planner, which I LOVE and highly recommend. I have a morning routine, which I have been following pretty consistently for the past couple of months.  I've noticed that I RARELY finish by to-do list. So, I feel unaccomplished.  But!  Work has been very busy and some days, especially if I work overtime at my day job, I'm exhausted!  So, I'm thinking I need to give myself a break and quit listing so many things to do in a day!  

♥♥On my bedside table♥♥
Laptop, ChapStick, lotion, tissues, pens, books, and journals. 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

Honestly - I have been super busy for the past month (hence the reason why I haven't updated!) but my mood has been much more positive and hopeful.  Having a morning routine has really given my days a strong starting point.  I spend time in the Word, in prayer, doing morning pages, etc.  It's been really good.
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Dateline on the television in my office


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
2 boiled eggs and 2 turkey sausage links
               
  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
  Rotisserie chicken, farro with mushrooms, and broccoli
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
 Soup and homemade bread

 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Black yoga pants (my work-from-home uniform!) and an oversized sweatshirt
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

I have not read much of anything lately.  I've been reading the books below for weeks - months. 

Writing: Wild Mind by Natalie Goldberg
Research: Covered Wagon Women
Self-Improvement: The Artists' Way by Julie Cameron
Enjoyment: Just the Nicest Person by Christy Barritt

I'm reading my Bible every morning.  Currently in 2 Samuel, 1 Chronicles, and Psalms

♥♥ On my TV ♥♥

Dateline
Joyce Meyer
Stephen Furtick
Priscilla Shirer 
911
YouTube crafting videos


♥♥ On the menu for this week♥♥

 Monday - Smoked kielbasa, potatoes, green beans and homemade bread
Tuesday - Tortellini, sausage, and spinach soup and the rest of homemade bread
Wednesday - Scalloped potatoes and ham with green beans
Thursday -   Pasta with marinara sauce, green beans
Friday - Out - probably Coney Island
Saturday - Pot of great northern beans made with ham bone 
Sunday - Leftovers or CORN soup


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
We need new furniture - but I don't want to get any until we move. 
 
 
♥♥Plans for this week♥♥
The usual.  Working 830-430, writing group, working on my website and all the little things that need to be done so I can get my book published this summer. 

♥♥ From the camera ♥♥




♥♥ What I'm creating/studying/Pinning ♥♥
Since starting "The Artists' Way" (it's a 12-week creativity thing? I'm on week 6) I've been dabbling in art journaling along with junk journaling.  

♥♥ You Tube/Blog Post to share ♥♥
How about a podcast?  I've been listening to "Hello, Morning" for the past couple of months as part of my morning routine.  It's about 5 minutes long.  An intro by podcaster, Kat Lee, then one minute of praying from Psalm 142, checking your calendar for the day, and the last minute is ten deep breaths.  

♥♥Praying for♥♥
It's so hard to narrow it down.  In this chaotic world, everyone needs prayer. 

♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥



Comments

Popular Posts