Master LIst of 52 Classic Novels

I've decided to up my reading game and join The Classics Club!

This is my master list of the 52 classics that I plan to read between August 16th, 2018 and August 16th, 2023.

THE LIST 

  1. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
  2. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
  3. Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte*
  4. Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll*
  5. The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  6. The Diary of Anne Frank, Anne Frank*
  7. Cranford, Elizabeth Gaskell
  8. North and South, Elizabeth Gaskell
  9. Tess of the D'Ubervilles, Thomas Hardy
  10. The House of the Seven Gables, Nathaniel Hawthorne 
  11. The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway
  12. Siddhartha, Herman Hesse
  13. Their Eyes Were Watching God, Zora Neale Hurston
  14. Selected Poems by Langston Hughes, Langston Hughes
  15. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nests, Ken Kesey
  16. The Call of the Wild, Jack London* 
  17. Love in the Time of Cholera, Marquez, Gabriel Garcia
  18. One Hundred Years of Solitude, Marquez, Gabriel Garcia
  19. Rilla of Ingleside, L.M. Montgomery 
  20. 1984, George Orwell*
  21. The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
  22. Lark Rise to Candleford, Flora Thompson
  23. Katherine, Anya Seton *
  24. Treasure Island, Robert Louis Stevenson
  25. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain*
  26. A Streetcar Named Desire, Tennessee Williams
  27. The Bluest Eye, Toni Morrison
  28. Rebecca, Daphne Du Maurier
  29. Kristin Lavransdatter, Sigrid Undset
  30. My Antonia, Willa Cather
  31. The Hiding Place, Corrie Ten Boom
  32. A Circle of Quiet, The Crosswick Journals, Madeline L'Engle 
  33. Far From the Maddening Crowd, Thomas Hardy
  34. The Woman in White, Wilkie Collins
  35. The Time Machine, H.G. Wells
  36. The Wind in the Willows, Kenneth Grahame
  37. Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury 
  38. Brave New World, Aldous Huxley
  39. Moll Flanders, Daniel Defoe 
  40. The Cherry Orchard, Anton Chekhov
  41. The Bible 
  42. Palace Walk, Naguib Mahfouz
  43. Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
  44. The God of Small Things, Arundhati Roy
  45. The Swiss Family Robinson, Joann David Wyss
  46. The Giver, Lois Lowry
  47. Island of the Blue Dolphins, Scott O'Dell
  48. Ben Hur, Lew Wallace 
  49. Great Expectations, Charles Dickens
  50. Emma, Jane Austen
  51. Northanger Abbey, Jane Austen 
  52. Much Ado About Nothing, Shakespeare 

Comments

  1. This is an impressive list of books. I'm relieved to see you have 5 years to complete it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an ambitous goal for me, even in five years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very happy you are taking on this challenge. You have an excellent list, I think. Of course many of these are books I haven't read yet, but I have read and loved Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Alice in Wonderland, Treasure Island, Giver, Little Prince, Cherry Orchard, and Hiding Place. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Club!! This is a great list btw! H.G. Wells is one of my #1 favorite authors, so happy to see him on here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list! We have similar tastes: Austen, Alcott and Mitchell are favorites of mine too, and I didn't care for Frankenstein either. I'm guessing you will love Willa Cather, though I much preferred Death Comes for the Archbishop to My Antonia. Also, Persuasion is widely considered to be Austen's best work. I prefer it to P&P, and much more than Northanger Abbey or even Emma. You would probably also love the works of Barbara Pym. I can recommend Excellent Women. She is very much a modern day Austen. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts