The Monday Book Report, Edition #1





WHAT DID I READ THIS WEEK:  I read Blake Crouch's "Dark Matter", you can see the review HERE. (As of 8/19/18, Kindle edition still on sale for $1.99!)  I also read Maya Angelou's "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings".  Review is not up yet, but I can tell you that it was amazingly fantastic.  Finally, I am finishing up "The View from Rainshadow Bay" by Colleen Coble.  




FAVORITE QUOTE FROM A BOOK I READ:  I have two.  Well, I have more than two, but here are the ones I'd most like to share, both from "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings".  The first because it rings true with me and the second just because it's beautiful. 

"Of all the needs (there are none imaginary) a lonely child has, the one that must be satisfied, if there is going to be hope and a hope of wholeness, is the unshaking need for an unshakable God."

"The world had taken a deep breath and was having doubts about continuing to revolve." 

WHAT BOOKS DID I BUY/BORROW THIS WEEK:  I purchased a few this week, mostly e-books because I do a lot of my reading in bed at night.  I always have one REAL book going at the same time :) 

Kindle Books: 
Blake Crouch's "Dark Matter" 
Colleen Coble's "The View from Rainshadow Bay" 
Mohsin Hamids "Exit West"   (Kindle edition still on sale for $3.99 as of 8/19/18)




Real Books: 
JoJo Moye's "Me Before You"  (this is for a face-to-face book club!) 
Margaret Mitchell's "Lost Layson" - This was a great find for my collection! 




Borrowed E-books from Kindle Unlimited: - 
"A Wilder Rose" by Susan Wittig Albert (About Laura Ingalls Wilder's daughter Rose) 

WHAT I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON RIGHT NOW: 
Stephen King's "The Outsider" 



WHAT ARE MY READING PLANS FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK: That depends on *if* I find the time to go to the library!  But for certain I will be starting: 

JoJo Moyes "Me Before You" for my library book club
Mohsin Hamid's "Exit West" 
IF I make it to the library and they have it: "Kristin Lavransdatter 1" by Sigrid Undset"
If I do NOT make it to the library, I plan to start "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint Exupery

FAVORITE BOOKISH MEME AND/OR BLOG-VLOG: I am SO sad that I did not know about "Austen in August"!  I am most definitely a Janeite and I am already looking forward to doing this next year!!! 




ANY NEW BOOK EVENTS OR BOOK NEWS ONLINE OR IN YOUR TOWN?  I just found out my local library has a monthly face-to-face book club.  I have major anxiety issues, so this may be really difficult for me, but I have wanted to join a book club FOREVER.  Say a little prayer for me! 

ANYTHING READING RELATED, ETC.: I live 20 minutes from one of the most awesome used books stores ever ..... and I have never been there!  Shame on me!  It's on my fall bucket list! It was named the #2 bookstore in the "18 Bookstores Every Book Lover Must Visit at Least Once" by the Business Insider. 












So that is the first edition of the Monday Book Report!  If anyone is interested in joining in (I'd just love that!)  just post your link in the comments.  And if not, please let me know what great book you've read lately!  

Greatest blessings book lovers, 

Sherry aka Bibliomane 

I am sharing on The Book Date .......





Comments

Popular Posts