Happy Homemaker Monday for January 20th, 2020



I am linking up with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday

It's been a LONG time!  So happy to be back to Happy Homemaker Monday! 

I'm off work today for Martin Luther King Jr. day.  We could definitely use a man like him today with all of the issues going on in the world and in our government!  



The weather in my neck of the woods..... It's been pretty crazy over the weekend here in the Detroit area!  It's been so mild this winter and we haven't gotten much snow at all.  Friday night a storm came in overnight and we got about six inches of snow.  My girls and I went over to help my dad shovel.  While we were there it changed over to freezing rain.  That was the heaviest snow ever!! 



Right now I am....  Feeling really blessed that I am off for MLK Jr day!  I didn't even know about the long weekend until Friday morning.  What a nice surprise! 

Thinking about....  I've really been taking a good, hard look at what my future is going to be like.  Being in a relationship last  year, I saw us getting married, I was working toward a future as a couple and blended family. I turn 50 this year and I honestly don't know if I even want to attempt another relationship at this point.  So I really am refocusing to change my goals to match a life where I will be on my own at some point when both of my girls move out.  My youngest (19) plans to be out of the house by next year.  My oldest (23) is on the autism spectrum so although she is really one of the most intelligent people I know, she will have difficulty living on her own, so it may be a few years - which of course is fine with me.  She is going to college and I know she will make things work in her own time. 

On the blog last week..... Uhhhhhh I did share one post about where I've been for the past many months!  If you are interested, you can find it RIGHT HERE

On my reading pile.... I've finished three books so far this year, Inner Order, Outer Calm (3*)  Verity by Colleen Hoover (5*) and Summit Lake by Charlie Dunlea (4.25*)
STARTING TONIGHT:  The Stationary Shop by Marjan Kamali 

On my TV..... Clean House, YouTube videos
Current binge:  NYPD Blue 


On the menu for this week....
Monday -  Enchilada Bake w/ kale salad & Avocado (similar to THIS ONE from Spend with Pennies)


Tuesday -  Scalloped potatoes and ham with corn 
Wednesday - Greek Tortellini w/ kale salad

Thursday -  Leftovers 
Friday -  Chili dogs and baked french fries 
Saturday -  Dad's house 
Sunday - Pot of great northern beans (using the hambone I froze from Christmas) and cornbread (This is mostly for dad - but I will have some for dinner that night) 

Best recipe of last week......  Baked spaghetti - one of my favorites! 

New recipe I want to try...... The Enchilada bake for this week is new to me.  Hoping it is good! 

On my to do list.... 
1. Meal Prep
2. Laundry
3. Dishes
4. Install plastic window insulation kit (finally getting cold in Detroit!) 
5. Write 

Looking forward to this week.... Happy that it is a short week! 

Looking around the house.... We've been in this tiny house for six years.  It feels like home now.  We are signing the lease for one more year.  If one of my daughters move out - I might think of staying longer.  But as it is now, the house is just too small for us.  But I do love it and it's cozy and part of me doesn't want to leave! 



Counting my blessings: My best friend's husband was in the ER over the weekend with chest pains.  Feeling so happy that he was released.  Still has to follow up with a cardiologist, but he did not have a heart attack and they found no heart abnormalities. Also grateful that my son (21) did not have to drive the 2 hours to work the morning of the snow storm!  He is a welder and they are building a power plant so a lot of his work is outdoors.  I was really worried about him driving in that mess! 

Bible Study..... "Seamless" by Angie Smith 



Comments

  1. Girl, I love me some NYPD blue.
    Just insulated our windows last week, long overdue, ha!
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. will go look at your recent posts to see what happend. Glad you have your girls with you. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygoodness! Those food pics are beautiful...especially that Greek tortallini!!! Blessings for a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitty is so cute. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM RUNNING SO LATE IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR NEXT WEEK! I hope yo had a GREAT week. What a great menu and that is one of my favorite MLK quotes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts