Happy Homemaker Monday

 


Good morning friends, I hope you are all having a wonderful day so far.  I spent the weekend sick yet again.  I've been having very bad stomach issues since Christmas day.  Saturday, I had a fever, horrible stomach pain and cramping, etc.  Time for the doctor.  Yuck. 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
I'm seeing sunshine - so it's all good!  Spring has sprung or is out for a tease. 

50 today and tomorrow with sun.  64 ON WEDNESDAY WITH SUNSHINE!!!! 
 Then we have a day with a high of 30 - then back up toward 50 again. Hey, I'll take it. 


♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
  It's sunny as I mentioned.  I can see the trucks headed over the Ambassador Bridge heading to Canada.  Trees are bare and grass is pretty brown and there is still one pile of snow across by the hockey rink - but it's good.  Blessed. 


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
I'm working!  Typing this up between taking care of emails from Life Insurance Agencies.  I love my job and my coworkers and the company.  Again - blessed! 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
I've been very worried about the state of the world.  There seems to be so much going on all at once in every corner and I have to wonder how much longer things will get worse before our lives change in a drastic way.  I had a dream last night that I was talking to Jeff about our current "nuclear war" (in my dream a nuclear war was just a war with bombing - not really nuclear bombs - not sure how I knew this but you know how dreams are)  and then someone interrupted our conversation to tell us that four more countries had declared "nuclear war" with us.  I believe the original was Russia - not sure who the other four were.  So, I guess it's weighing heavily on my heart! 

♥♥On my bedside table♥♥
So you know I changed my rolling rack to a small white bookshelf - and it is working out very well! I have 1.5 shelves full of books, journals, and things I'm working on.  1 shelf of pens, sticky notes, crafting supplies and my annotation pouch.  1/2 shelf for sticker books.  I have my Kindle, my laptop, my chargers and my Alexa next to my bed too! 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

Better today - but still need to see the doctor for sure. 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
A Ninja Writer's YouTube about blogging your own book! 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
My sweetie is making me eggs and whole wheat toast. 
               
  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
Cheff salad 
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
Pork tenderloin with potatoes, carrots and green beans

 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Black pants and a gray sweatshirt with a skull on it 
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

Same as always!  

War and Peach, Atomic Habits, and DIY MFA. 

Also reading poetry - Ray Bradbury and Jill Scott.  Reading short stories by Ray Bradbury and Edgar Allen Poe.  Reading essays by Maya Angelou. 

♥♥ On my TV tonight ♥♥

New Criminal Minds
Writing class
Bible study videos

♥♥ On the menu for this week♥♥
 
Monday - Pork tenderloin, potatoes carrots, green beans, salad
Tuesday - Emily's birthday - Chipotle and Crumble cookies 
Wednesday - Steak fajitas with rice
Thursday -   Beans and rice
Friday - Salisbury steak or swedish meatballs with egg noodles and green beans 
Saturday - Some type of CORN soup or chili
Sunday - Goulash at dad's request with salad


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
As always - too much clutter.  Working hard on getting more of it out of the house!  Jennah is moving out within the month and although I will miss her - IT IS TIME.  She is my daughter with autism - very high functioning - but she has social issues and has to do everything in a very specific way.  I will have her bedroom as my craft room and this will ease the clutter. 

 
♥♥Plans for this week♥♥
It is Emily's 23rd birthday tomorrow.  We are celebrating at my Dad's.  
I have my writing classes and Bible studies to keep my busy along with work

♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
Sunrise this morning outside of my office windows: 









♥♥ What I'm creating/studying/Pinning ♥♥
Still studying Rahab for February and blogging about it HERE. 

Working on glue books and pinning things for my writing class. 

♥♥Praying for♥♥
As I mentioned above - praying for the state of the world. 
- Still praying for my son - he has not heard back from his interview
-Praying for Jeff's mom as she is in the hospital, but she is stable
-Praying for my dad's business and his stress levels and depression


♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥
This morning I was reading about peace.  I could use some peace!  We all could.  On top of the Rahab study and my morning devotional, I just started "Meditations for Anxiety". 



Comments

  1. Hope your health is better and a quick fix. Happy birthday to Emilie tomorrow. Sending positive thoughts to all those in need. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you have been ill. May you get to feeling better soon. Sometimes the dreams can be so real. The world is in a mess for sure. My only true peace is in the Lord and I have to lean on him. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Friend! Sorry you're feeling so crummy. Prayers for answers and full healing. I'm with you about the state of the world. I try not to dwell there. I pray a lot and try to focus on the good (& limit how much news I watch). The bad stuff is so sensational and so it's newsworthy in their eyes. But there is so much more balance and good out there. I believe that with my whole heart. It's just boring so we never see or hear about it. I hope you feel better soon. And have a wonderful rest of the week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts