Happy Homemaker Monday


                                Please join Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday HERE 



The Weather:::
  
Monday - 61 and rainy
Tuesday - 53 and mostly cloudy
Wednesday - 47 and rain
Thursday - 53 and partly cloudy
Friday - 51 and partly sunny 
Saturday - 49 and sunny
Sunday - 50 and partly cloudy


As I look outside my window:::
I'm writing this up on Sunday and although it is cold, I have the back door to my balcony open and I am enjoying the yellow and green leaves of the big old oak trees in my backyard. Peanut, our resident balcony squirrels is getting fat in preparation for the winter months. 


Right now I am:::
Listening to some music and relaxing before my writing group meets up online in an hour. I also need to get the kitchen picked up before then as well. 

Thinking and pondering:::
Please scroll past this section if you are sensitive to talk about the war in Israel.  My heart is just so confused.  I feel so terrible for people on both sides (NOT Hamas or Hezbollah or ANY terrorist!!!) but with technology being what it is today and having the ability to see all of the things that we are able to see - it's crushing me. Yes, I know, I could just not follow the news.  And yes, that would make ME feel better - but am I really supposed to just look away and not see the atrocities that are going on? I think and pray about it throughout every day.  I finally decided that I don't have to figure it out.  Because I have faith in the almighty God, and He always knows what is going on.  I just need to trust Him at all times. (and I do) But it still breaks my heart. 


On my bedside table:::
Prayer Bible and Prayer Cards (going to be putting a FIRE under my prayer life in 2024!!!) 
Kindle and Phone
Diet Dr. Pepper 
Glasses
Books
Blistex


On my tv this week:::
Days of Our Lives
YouTube videos 
Heartland Season 3 



Listening to:::
This morning I was listening to my Praise and Worship list I've saved to YouTube.  Some of my favorites on there. 


On the lunch plate:::
Roasted potatoes and pinto beans that my fiance made for my Dad (and us) 

On the dinner plate:::
I'm needing some comfort food - so I'm pretty sure I'll be having mac n' cheese and green beans 
 
NOVEMBER GROCERY CHALLENGE::: 
I'm broke. Please don't misunderstand, we have everything we need and then some.  But I have bills I need to pay down and Christmas, and paying for Emily to come home for Christmas, and medical bills, etc.  So I need to cut costs - a lot.  Other than necessities (this includes my Dad's birthday, groceries, bills, gas, my cat's insulin, and Thanksgiving) I'm having a NO SPEND NOVEMBER. Nothing new for the house, nothing for myself, no candles or books, no pumpkin spice latte's, etc.  On top of that, I'm going to be doing a grocery challenge.  $100 per week including all household items for our family of three adults.  This also includes $10 per week to acquire things for our pantry stock-up and the local blessing box.  Thanksgiving dinner groceries are generously supplied by my Dad (we will be bringing a few sides) and his birthday groceries will not be a part of the budget but will be split between my sisters and myself. 

THIS WEEK'S BIG DEALS!:::
Kroger had an amazing sale.  Green Giant canned vegetables and Campbell's gravies were only 49 cents each!  They also have other canned soups for 99 cents.  This is where my stock-up/blessing box money is going this week. 

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Bean and rice burritos with corn (l/o beans, pantry rice/corn, tortillas, salsa) 
Tuesday - Hot dogs, baked beans, and oven fries (l/o hot dogs, pantry baked beans, freezer fries) 
Wednesday - Chili with oyster crackers  (dried kidney beans from pantry, tomatoes from pantry, crackers from pantry) 
Thursday - Spaghetti with marinara and broccoli 
Friday - Chili and cheese stuffed baked potatoes (l/o chili)
Saturday - Celebrating my Dad's birthday - Beef roast, potatoes, carrots, green beans and salad with a Hawaiin cake and vanilla ice cream.  
Sunday - Homemade cheeseburger pizzas with salad (on hand: pizza crusts, mozzarella, pizza sauce) 
 
 
On my reading pile:::
I just finished reading "Lessons in Chemistry" and "American Dirt" 

Lessons in Chemistry was well written and entertaining; however, I felt they put down people of faith and parts of it felt insulting, so I can't recommend it. 

American Dirt was amazing.  It was really hard to read.  Very emotional.  Lots of sadness and fear.  But also resilience and joy.  Not for sensitive readers.  But excellent.

On my to do list:::
  • Work M-F
  • Dad's 80th birthday on Tuesday! 
  • Writing group every day but Tuesday
  • Celebrating Dad's bday on Saturday


What I am creating:::
Writing, Bible journaling, making a Prayer Bible
 

My simple pleasure:::
 Watching the ambience backgrounds with music on YouTube! 


Looking around the house:::
Slowly getting more organized

 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::



Comments

  1. Hope you have a good week. Sharing your grief over Israël and not forgetting Ukrania. The November grocery challenge is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I have not forgotten the Ukraine either. It certainly hurts me that the media so readily forgot about it, just as President Zelensky begged them not to at the beginning. There is so much hurt in the world it can be drowning sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Your November grocery challenge reminded me that I haven't done an eat from the pantry/freezer challenge in awhile. May need to try that to use up some of those random items. Yes, the war in Israel/Gaza is heartbreaking as the innocent always pay the highest price in war. Thankful that God is still Sovereign and praying for those in the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I do need to lean more on things that need to be used up! We have SO many grains that we need to use, some sauces, condiments, canned foods. Next week I will see what I can make with what we have plus just a bit extra!

      Delete
  3. I am always looking for deals on things. Our town has Second Harvest with grocery at wonderful prices and food pantries. Coupons use to be my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our least expensive store would probably be Aldi and on some things Walmart. I use Ibotta for coupons with Walmart as well. We do have food pantries, but at this point I do know that there are people who need it more than I do. But if it got to the point where I needed to go, I absolutely would! That is what they are there for!

      Delete
  4. I enjoy reading your blog, partly because it's so relatable to Israel. The news in the Netherlands is not neutral but often leans towards the Palestinian side. I get tired of searching for the truth and saddened by all the wars happening around the world. So, I pray for everyone in need, with a special focus on Israel. I entrust it to God's hands. 🙏🌍🕊️

    I wish you a great week ahead! 😊🌟

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. In the US it seems that pro-Palestinian marches and rallies get all of the headlines. I truly feel like this is a turning point in our country. If they would march respectfully for civilians getting killed, that is absolutely fine with me. But when you are degrading the Jewish people, pushing Islam on a (still!!!) Christian country, and tearing down posters of child hostages? It's pure hatred and something has got to be done about it. Oh yes, I do pray for all those struggling in many countries. I'm on the side of love, not hate! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
    2. I understand you. Same feelings here in the Netherlands. I hope you have gotten through this week well with many golden moments with God. Love from here.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your grocery challenge! Things are so expensive right now. Interesting reading your take on the books, I don't remember getting any of that from Lessons in Chemistry, just how interesting it was that she seemed to be in the wrong era. Been awhile since I read it. I've yet to read American Dirt. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Things are crazy expensive! Even though we are spending less for the house - I spent nearly $100 for my Dad's birthday dinner and cake. Don't get me wrong, HE IS WORTH IT! But that same meal a last year would have easily been $70 at most. It's scary!

      Delete
  6. I admire your NO SPEND NOVEMBER! And how can we not feel for both sides of Israel? It makes my heart hurt just thinking about it. It just baffles me how people can be so horrible to each other :(

    Happy Birthday to your dad and have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No SPEND is not going as well as I'd hope! haha However, I have definitely told myself no a few times and I am doing much better. Next week I'll have to hunker down more!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts