Happy Homemaker Monday! Happy Spring!

 

Please join Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday!

The Weather:::

Monday - 50 and sunny
Tuesday - 55 and sunny!
Wednesday - 51 cloudy
Thursday - 51 rainy 
Friday - 42 partly sunny
Saturday - 38 rain snow mix 😭
Sunday - 53 partly sunny


As I look outside my window:::

It's sunny! There's still snow on the ground but by the looks of this week, it will be gone in a few days. 


Right now I am:::

Watching Days of Our Lives, working, and typing up this post.  (Always a multi-tasker) 

Thinking and pondering:::
On Saturday I was sitting up in my bedroom and from far off I heard a scream and crying.  I knew in an instant it was one of mine.  I threw off my slippers and got down those stairs so fast.  I had no idea I could still move that fast.  We live in Detroit and my first though was that someone was attacking her or she was shot or stabbed. I KNOW this is terrible - but it could happen.  Halfway down the steps I saw her lying on the front porch.  I went out into the 20-degree day with sharp winds in a tshirt, barefoot.  THANK YOU GOD she only fell and sprained her ankle.  The sense of relief I felt at this was no small things.  We have got to move out of the city.  Soon.  My heart can't take it much longer.  Jennah is moving to a nice city to live with her best friend soon.  Jake should have enough money for an apartment by summer.  Emily is working her little heart out to save up enough to move East.  Every day I realize in this full (overfull) house that it isn't going to be for much longer.  So even though they are adults, I am treasuring each day as a blessing. 


On my bedside table:::
The usual suspects - books, planners, Bible studies, pens, stickers, Alexa, phone, Kindle, laptop, etc. 


On my tv this week:::
Days of Our Lives
Rewatching The Chosen with Jeff (before starting season 3) 
KDrama: Somebody
YouTube 


Listening to:::
 Days of Our Lives right now, birds chirping, and space heater in next room.  (Still in the 20s this morning and quite chilly at the moment) 


On the lunch plate:::
I plan to have a Buddha Bowl - farro, blackened chicken, broccoli, carrots, etc. 
 

On the dinner plate:::
Shrimp burritos.  Del Taco makes a shrimp burrito that I love and I am going to recreate it at home. 
 

On the menu for this week:::

 
Monday - Shrimp burritos 
Tuesday - My sister's birthday - Mexican Food.  I'll have shrimp fajitas 
Wednesday - Spaghetti 
Thursday - Rice and beans (this is going to be a once-a-week thing due to the cost of groceries!) 
Friday - Out somewhere
Saturday - Some kind of soup or chili 
Sunday - Leftovers or something simple 
 
 
On my reading pile:::
I started reading "Best of Friends" this weekend as well as "Jesus Revolution" 
Still working through "Atomic Habits" and "Writing Down the Bones" 

Books I picked up (via Kindle Unlimited, Library, etc)
1. T.D. Jakes Wisdom
2. The Day I Met Jesus
3. The Atomic Habits Workbook
4. The Anatomy of a Story
5. Jesus Revolution
6. The Artist's Way
7. Jodi Allen Brice's "Lakehouse Promises" 
8. Ninja Writers "Planning Book for a Creative Life" 

On my to do list:::
1. Order cat treats and litter 
2. Get wrapping paper and cards for sister's birthday
3. LAUNDRY - SO MUCH LAUNDRY 😭
4. Need to do my nails
5. Post 2 Mary M blog posts 
6. Clean off balcony

Plans for this week:::
Monday - Work, Write, Read, Bible Study
Tuesday - Work, Sarah's birthday @ Dad's and Uno Night
Wednesday - Work, K-drama with bestie, Online Bible Study of Ephesians 4
Thursday - Work, Reinvention Summit online, Write, Read, Study
Friday - Work, K-drama with bestie, Movie with Jeff
Saturday - Errands, cleaning, plan next week, write, read, study
Sunday - Sabbath.  Church, Bible study, read, write, study. 


What I am creating:::

 Same stuff lol.  Working on my Bible journaling, planning, writing. 

My simple pleasure:::
   
Watching birds out my window at the feeders - really makes my heart feel content

Looking around the house:::

Spring cleaning please come soon!!!!!!!!  

From the camera:::

Nothing this week!  My daughter used my phone all week at work because she is switching carriers and didn't have her own phone. 

 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::


I did a live online Bible study this weekend with Kelseyleigh on My Abiding Journal on YouTube. We studied Psalm 6.  It was really nice.  I've followed her for several years.  She is very sweet. 

I also started following an AMAZINGLY smart woman who has taught me so many great things over the past few days with her videos!  She went to seminary school and is married to a pastor.  I plan on doing an online live bible study with her as well.  Her channel is below.  Check her out! 




Comments

  1. Glad it was nothing serious (outside of a sprained ankle) with your daughter, how scary! I keep forgetting that I need to catch up on The Chosen. (Think I saw all of it up to season 3). Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness about your daughter! I hope you can make that move soon and feel safer. I love watching the birds on my bird feeder too. It is so peaceful. And I love your inspiration 🙏 Have a blessed week! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts