Happy Homemaker Monday - on Tuesday

 





I am linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday! 


Happy March! I hope everyone has a very blessed and happy week ahead. Sorry that I am late!  I'll be hopping around to visit everyone later tonight. 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥  

We had a couple of snow/ice/rain mixes in the last week.  It is supposed to be the usual upper 30's to mid 40's and possibly more snow Friday.  

 
♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥

I see three women walking with long coats, hats, boots on the 7th of March.  It's pretty cold with the "feels like" in the 20s.  It snowed last night after several hours of freezing rain.  But the skies are blue, and the trucks are moving across the Ambassador bridge at a good pace.  The flag is whipping in the wind. 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 

My son started his job and got his new-to-him car.  My daughter has another interview today at 1230 and I'm praying she gets the job.  She was offered a job in the airport but her anxiety won that battle unfortunately. 

My best friend is coming to visit from NH in a few days.  I'm really happy and excited and also dreading it a little.  I love her more than almost anyone in the world - BUT - she isn't a Christian and she doesn't understand a HUGE part of my life.  I've also been changing and following God's call and that made me spend less time with her in the evenings and she doesn't get that either.  So it's tough. 

♥♥ Listening to ♥♥ 

I can hear the traffic. Space heater.  Sammy with a quiet little trill. Emily putting the dishes away.

♥♥ How I am feeling ♥♥ 

I feel pretty good about a lot of things.  Blessed.  But physically I am not feeling all that great lately. 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥

Couple chapters of Atomic Habits by James Clear. 
One chapter of DIY MFA. 
A few chapters of The Writer's Journey. 
About 1/4 of Writing Down the Bones. 



 ♥♥ On my TV ♥♥

Days of Our Lives
YouTube
Arrow 

♥♥ On the menu ♥♥

Monday -   We had Wendy's 
Tuesday -   Dad's house - Tacos
Wednesday -  No idea
Thursday - Sunday - My best friend will be here so I am sure we will be eating out a LOT.  Sunday we will be over my dad's cooking. 
 
 
♥♥ To do list ♥♥
  • Hang out with Heather
  • Writing classes
  • Bible study
  • READ
  • Errands
  • Post office 
  • Donate clothes
 
♥♥  Planning/Writing/Journaling/Creating ♥♥
 I've been loving my writing classes and doing Bible journaling and paper crafting.  It's been such a great stress reliever. 
 
♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
It needs a good spring clean and more decluttering for sure! 


♥♥Prayer List ♥♥
All three of my kiddos. They are all doing adulting things and it's hard. 
My friend for a safe trip to Michigan. 
Everyone struggling with these outrageous grocery prices and utility bills and gas, etc.  It is not easy just taking care of your own household these days! 
For our country to TRULY bring God back into all we do!!!!! 
 
 
♥♥ Today's Devotional/Bible Verse ♥♥



Comments

  1. This winter in the Pacific North West has been reminiscent of those in The U.P. years ago - at least there we expected it. It's hard to watch your babies break out on their own, but it's also rewarding when they succeed. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry! Prayers for all of your kiddos - that they learn and grow during this time. My son is 21 and my daughter is 16 ...so I relate on many levels Mama. 😉 I also hope you start feeling better. 🙏 And I miss Days of our lives! I'm guessing you have Peacock? I haven't gotten it - I have too many streaming things already. Lol But I do miss my Days fix. Love your inspiration! Have a blessed rest of the week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely hard sometimes with the older kids, hard for them and hard for us. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts