Happy Homemaker Monday

 

Please join Sandra at Diary of a Stay-at-Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday!



The Weather:::
  
It is gorgeous today!  Upper 60s and mostly sunny.  It's about time! We have an amazing few days ahead of us: 

M- 68 mostly sunny
T - 74 sunny
W - 81 sunny
TH - 80 sunny
F - 79 sunny
S - 77 mostly sunny
S - 62 rain 

And then back to the real world of 40s and more rain! 

As I look outside my window:::


The daffodils are finally starting to bloom. There are birds and squirrels everywhere. Kids playing at the park across the street and people using the new exercise equipment.

Right now I am:::
I have the day off so I am relaxing in bed, watching a movie (kinda) with my sweetie with the window open and a wonderful breeze blowing in and kitty at the foot of the bed.

Thinking and pondering:::
Jennah, my oldest moved out last week and is now living about 40 minutes away.  Emily and Jake are both working most days.  I'm slowly tiptoeing my way into an empty next.  


On my bedside table:::
I made Jennah's room into my "Girl Haven".  I have my rolltop desk and chair, a comfortable chair and footstool, an extra dresser and a bunch of my books in there.  So my bedside bookshelf is a little lighter.  Most of it is the same, just less of it.  I have my VERY chunky journaling Bible, Kindle, a couple of three-ring binders, lots of pens (although I moved a lot of them to the girl haven) stickers, ear phones, book light. 


On my tv this week:::
The Chosen
YouTube
Days of Our Lives 
Grey's Anatomy

Listening to:::
A movie, my fan, someone throwing wood around outside (?), cars going past (we live on a very busy street.  The entrance to I75 is just a block away and there are 3 schools too) 


On the lunch plate:::
Spaghetti with Rao's sauce with sausage and mushrooms - really good! 
 

On the dinner plate:::
White Castles - ugh 
 

On the menu for this week:::

 
Monday - Homemade beef and vegetable soup
Tuesday - Smoked sausage, egg noodles, cabbage
Wednesday - Chickpea and veggie tagine with Israeli couscous 
Thursday - Ground turkey tacos
Friday - Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala with brown & cauliflower rice, broccoli
Saturday - Chicken pad thai 
Sunday -  Red beans and rice 
 
 
On my reading pile:::

Still working my way through the one-year plan of War & Peace.  Starting The Housemaid.  Maybe.  IDK.  Still in a reading slump. 

Plans for this week:::
Emily works M,T,W,TH 8-3 so I am driving her to work each day, Jeff picking her up. 
Jake works every night 8pm-6 a.m. 
I'm working M-F 830-430
Mr. Beatnik has a vet appt on Friday at 11:30 to check his blood sugar
Bible study meetings, writing classes

What I am creating:::
Working on writing a couple of Bible studies 
 
My simple pleasure:::
Seeing the first spring flowers! 


Looking around the house:::
Planning to declutter a bunch of stuff that I don't want to move with us when we go.  
 
 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::

I'm not alone in thinking that this world is getting more and more scary and crazy, right? On this laptop my homepage is Bing (I need to change it)  And they show one horrible, awful headline after another. Every day.  

Below is just a SAMPLING of what is on the page RIGHT NOW. 

  • There was another shooting in a bank in Louisville.
  • The Western Hemisphere's deadliest volcano is showing signs of activity. 
  • Expert on China says there will be a war with US before 2025.
  • Deadly avalanche. 
  • The Dalai Lama kisses a young boy
  • US starts nuclear command exercises
  • South Korea loses contact with North Korea
  • Huge Tornado in Iowa
  • Gulf Coast expecting record sea level rise
  • US Stock markets hit 50% crash "Cryptocurrency Apocalypse" 
  • China releases footage of military drills
  • Trump warns of nuclear WWIII on social media 

But as I was reminded at the gas station by a random little old man in a red blazer on Sunday - none of that matters.  We just have to keep our eyes on Jesus! Amen my friends.  I can't imagine how devastating all of this would feel if I didn't have Jesus as my savior! 




Comments

  1. Sounds like you have a pretty busy week over there. I try to avoid the Internet headlines, plus have to remind yourself that it's all negative because that's (sadly) what engages most people. Love the verse you shared this week. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you get to have a girl haven room. I'm watching less and less news these days. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to be so late! Sounds like your work week was all over the place for your family. We no longer watch the news here and I avoid all the notifications on my phone and laptop - it's all so depressing. I just keep praying that the world comes to its sense and soon. I hope you had a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts