Back to the Classics

 

Before I begin - CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS BOX OF VINTAGE BOOKS WAS PURCHASED FOR $15 IN 2021????????  Unimaginable! 

I am delving back in to the Classics Club.  I joined back in 2018 and was not in the right frame of mind.  My mother had just passed, my sister had a near death illness, I had depression.  More recently I had COVID and long lasting aftereffects, heart issues, and 2 surgeries.  

HOWEVER!  Now I am ready to give my full attention to these amazing books!  I'm finally of the mind of quality over quantity.  

I started reading Evelina by Frances Burney a few nights ago after a rave Instagram review by @a.literary.lady I am enjoying it so far.  It is a bit reminiscent of Jane Austen. 

I am not going to rush or put a time frame on any of the classics.  If it takes two months to read one book - it does! 

I work from  home doing computer-type work so during 9-5 I will listen to other genres on audio.  I may read a couple books on Kindle as well.  But I want REAL Classics!  I want to build up my collection this year as well.  I live about 2 miles from one of the best used bookstores around.  For my birthday I plan to go and find a couple of beautiful copies of - well - whatever ones catch my eye! 

I'm really excited to get started on this journey! 

Comments

Popular Posts