New Master List of Classics TBR

 This is my NEW UPDATED master list of the 52 classics that I plan to read between January 1st, 2022 and December 31st, 2026. The ones marked with a * will be rereads.  Some I read as a child/teen and a couple are my favorites that I would love to re-read with fresh eyes! 

Classics Club 


THE LIST 
  1. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
  2. Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte*
  3. Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll*
  4. The Diary of Anne Frank, Anne Frank*
  5. Cranford, Elizabeth Gaskell
  6. North and South, Elizabeth Gaskell
  7. Tess of the D'Ubervilles, Thomas Hardy
  8. The House of the Seven Gables, Nathaniel Hawthorne 
  9. The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway
  10. Siddhartha, Herman Hesse
  11. Their Eyes Were Watching God, Zora Neale Hurston
  12. Selected Poems by Langston Hughes, Langston Hughes
  13. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nests, Ken Kesey
  14. The Call of the Wild, Jack London* 
  15. Love in the Time of Cholera, Marquez, Gabriel Garcia
  16. One Hundred Years of Solitude, Marquez, Gabriel Garcia
  17. Rilla of Ingleside, L.M. Montgomery 
  18. Eugene Onegin by Pushkin
  19. The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
  20. Lark Rise to Candleford, Flora Thompson
  21. Katherine, Anya Seton *
  22. Treasure Island, Robert Louis Stevenson
  23. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain*
  24. A Streetcar Named Desire, Tennessee Williams
  25. Anna Karenina Tolstoy - CURRENTLY READING: STARTED 5/4/2022
  26. Olliver Twist - Dickens
  27. Rebecca, Daphne Du Maurier
  28. Kristin Lavransdatter, Sigrid Undset
  29. My Antonia, Willa Cather
  30. The Hiding Place, Corrie Ten Boom
  31. A Circle of Quiet, The Crosswick Journals, Madeline L'Engle 
  32. Evelina by Frances Burney (FINISHED 3/1/2022 4/5 STARS) 
  33. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  34. The Time Machine, H.G. Wells
  35. The Wind in the Willows, Kenneth Grahame
  36. Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury 
  37. Brave New World, Aldous Huxley
  38. Moll Flanders, Daniel Defoe 
  39. The Cherry Orchard, Anton Chekhov
  40. The Bible* 
  41. War and Peace Tolstoy
  42. Palace Walk, Naguib Mahfouz
  43. Dr. Zhivago by Pasternak 
  44. The Swiss Family Robinson, Joann David Wyss
  45. The Giver, Lois Lowry
  46. Ben Hur, Lew Wallace 
  47. Great Expectations, Charles Dickens
  48. Emma, Jane Austen
  49. Northanger Abbey, Jane Austen 
  50. Much Ado About Nothing, Shakespeare 
  51. Little Dorrit, Dickens
  52. Les Miserables - Victor Hugo (FINISHED 5/3/2022 5/5 STARS) REVIEW

Comments

  1. Congrats on your new list!
    I have read 30 of these, and I just started your #15!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am WAY behind on the classics. I've read many - but that was LONG ago! They would be new to me again. I hope to get at least 10 under my belt this year. #15 - I read about 1/4 of that and then I got COVID last year. It was BAD covid and I was in bed for 6 weeks and had brain fog so bad I couldn't concentrate enough to read. I will have to start over - but what I read was very good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts