Happy Homemaker Monday

 


I am linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday! 


The Weather:::  We are at the beginning of a (hopefully) good snowstorm!  We haven't had much snow this winter.  Guesses are anywhere between 8 and 15 inches.  (My bet is going to be more like 5 inches *shrug*) 


On my reading pile:::   Last year my reading life was a disaster.  It was one of the craziest times of my life but usually that is when I turn to books the most!  I don't want to repeat that this year; however, it is already February and I have not finished a single book.  I do read my Bible regularly, but nothing aside from that.  And I have got to change that asap because reading is my JOY! 

I decided that this year I am not going to look at the quantity of books that I read.  I am going to read more classics.  Genres I don't normally read (like biography, poetry, short stories) and maybe get my joy of reading back. 

From Thrift Books I ordered:  

Evelina: Or the History of a Young Lady's Entrance Into the World by Frances Burney
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
Bronte Sister's Collection - I've read Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre, but it was cheaper to buy this book than to buy Agnes Grey on its own!
 
 
On my TV:::   
 
Days of Our Lives
1883
Yellowstone
YouTube videos
 
On the menu for this week::: 

 
Monday -   We had stuffed peppers 
Tuesday -   Leftover stuffed peppers
Wednesday -  Cabbage, potatoes, and sausage
Thursday -   Vegetable stir fry with rice 
Friday -  Not sure - maybe vegetable lo mein
 
 

 
What I am planning/journaling/writing:::  
 
I have so much up in the air.  Not sure what direction I'm going.  I've been journaling here and there.  I'm also thinking about writing a year-long Bible study on the women of the Bible.  

Speaking of - who is your favorite woman in the Bible and why?  Most disliked and why?  (Research!  Thanks!) 
 
Looking around the house:::  

 Cluttered but mostly clean.  lol  I'll take it. 
 
 
What I sold on Poshmark this week::: 

 January has been slow.  I sold a couple of workout pieces and a vintage Cabbage Patch doll this week!  I will take every sale that I can get! 
 
On my prayer list::: 

My Dad - When he had COVID last year, it attacked his heart.  Then he had pneumonia.  Now it looks as if he has congestive heart failure.  He's been miserable for an entire year. 

My coworker and friend - her house burned down over the weekend.  Thank GOD she and her family got out - barely!  Right before the roof collapsed.  They lost some pets and everything they own.  Her husband is in the Military so they are putting them up in Military housing until they decide what to do.  

Our crazy, sad, violent world :( 
 
 
Bible verse, Devotional::: 

I've been studying Psalms and Habakkuk.  







Comments

  1. Sounds like the storm we just had, we ended up with 4-5 inches of snow after some crazy predictions. Have to admit, the kid in me was slightly disappointed not to see a foot of snow. Ha. Hope the storm was kind to your family and that you stay safe and warm and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It ended up being about 5 inches of very wet heavy snow over about 2 inches of ice. Just messy and slippery! I felt the same when I heard about the possibility of a big snow! I was excited!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts