Happy Homemaker Monday - 2/21/2022

 

I am linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday! 

Before I begin, I had a really great surprise on Friday.  My boss called me and told me that my yearly raise is 3x bigger than I thought it was going to be.  I was also given a promotion.  AND my yearly bonus is going to be larger than anticipated too!  Good news is few and far between lately! So I had to share.  I am always talking about the negative (since that is all there has been for a long time) so time for some happier things. 

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  I was up all Friday night with my bum shoulder. (SEE?  There's that bad stuff I"m always talking about lol)  I can't describe the pain - but it is up there with child birth and gall stones.  I finally fell asleep around 11 a.m. and slept til 6 p.m.  So Saturday was pretty much gone.  Sunday I worked OT for 4.5 hours, moved the furniture around, swept the living room and dining room, picked up in my office a bit.  Did some reading.  

The weather:::   

 We had a nice ice storm with a few inches of snow on top, then a crazy cold windy day, and today - 50.  More roller coaster to come. 

On my reading pile:::   

 Please see my READING POST for a complete update!  The short of it is I'm listening to a couple of serial killer books and reading "Persuasion".  
 
On my TV:::   
 
**Friday Night Lights
**Reacher 
**Book Tubers
**The 1995 version of Persuasion on BritBox
 
On the menu for this week::: 

Some do-overs from last week that we didn't get to because of the ice/snow storm.  
 
Monday -   Big Mac Salad 
Tuesday -   Tacos and Spanish rice 
Wednesday -  Making dinner for Dad - fried chicken, green beans, baked potatoes, salad
Thursday -   Shrimp and broccoli fettuccini alfredo 
Friday -  Chipotle-type bowls - chicken, rice, beans, cheese, lettuce, salsa, etc. 
 
 
On my to do list:::   

  • Mail out my Poshmark packages
  • Grocery shopping 
  • Work T, W, F
  • Take my sister to her 6-month appt at University of Michigan Hospital on Thursday
  • Go to Trader Joe's while in Ann Arbor for said appointment 
  • Wednesday evening at my Dad's for game night and dinner 
 
What I am planning/journaling/writing:::  
 
 More studying of Rahab.  From what I've found on the web, the walls of Jericho fell around 1400 BC, but Rahab is said to have lived from 1213 bc - 1113 bc.  I need to reach out to a pastor or do some more digging, but something isn't adding up here! 

Also - there are two trains of thought as to who she married (if at all).  Salmon (as in she is the mother of Boaz)  OR she married Joshua himself.  There are also some who believe that Salmon was one of the two spies!    


Looking around the house:::  

I took a que from Sandra and changed around my living room and dining room.  We RARELY use the living room.  But it has three gorgeous windows, a beautiful fireplace, and my grandmother's armoire. 

I moved the dining room table and chairs in there.  It will be a lovely place for Bible study or research on my book.  I put my classic book collection on the armoire. I have some nice decor pieces in there I can enjoy.  
 
From the camera::: 

 

 
What I sold on Poshmark this week::: 

This is a very good week for me!  
  • Beatles Abby Road jacket
  • Jojo Siwa t-shirt and GAP jean skirt 
  • Pink faux-Ugg Boots
  • Patent leather shoe-boots 
  • Lily Pulitzer Sandals  
 
On my prayer list::: 

 My Dad.  Still coughing.  Doctor is prescribing meds to treat the symptoms, but not doing anything to get to the cause of it or help to eliminate it.  He hurt his back and now his leg.  He has started counting the bad things that have happened to him since he had COVID.  He's up to 18.  :(  

I'm praying there is no war between Russia and the Ukraine.  Because if there is, that could mean we could be at war too - and our world does NOT NEED A WAR.  We have been weakened by this world-wide pandemic.  The president is meeting with Putin - so I am praying that by the grace of God there can be a peaceful solution. 
 
Bible verse, Devotional::: 

Following the "Unfailing Love" Bible Study by Heather Baxter Ministries.  This week she shared Ecclesiastes 3:1-8



Comments

  1. You share a lot of information on your busy life. Congratulations on the raise, promotion and bonus.
    I hope your father gets better soon. I have heard of many people who had a cough hang on after Covid. I'll add prayers. My hubby's cough has cleared up but he is still struggling to regain strength and to sleep.
    God is always Good - even when we don't always see it right away. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dad's COVID (and mine) was nearly a year ago. He had pneumonia about 6 months AFTER COVID. Then a short period of feeling better, and then this cough. Thank you for the prayers. I still struggle with fatigue, even this long afterward. There are so many studies out there showing how some people are affected for a long, long time after. It's crazy! And yes, God is always good! I absolutely agree. Without Him I am not sure I would have made it through this past year! Have a great week :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your raise and promotion! How wonderful. Prayers for your dad's healing. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you are having a great week as well!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the rais, the promotion and the bonus!!!
    Sending positive vibes for your dad.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate it. Hope your week is going well!

      Delete
  4. SORRY TO BE SO LATE THIS WEEK. CONGRATULATIONS on the great news! A BIG raise, promotion and bonus all at once - must have felt like winning the lottery! Sorry to hear about your dad doing so poorly - keeping him in my prayers for healing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts