The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 


I am joining in with Kimberly @caffeinated book reviewer for the Sunday Post 



I am also joining in with The Book Date for "It's Monday! What are YOU Reading?"  

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG:

                              NEXT WEEK ON THE BLOG:
  • Happy Homemaker Monday
  • The Sunday Post and What Are You Reading
  • Book Review of "Reminders of Him" by Colleen Hoover (see below) 

WHAT I READ LAST WEEK: 

Last week I listened to the audio book "Reminders of Him" by Colleen Hoover" 







WHAT I AM READING RIGHT NOW: 

Right now I am reading   "WHO PUT THIS SONG ON" BY MORGAN PARKER. 



Right now I am listening to the audio book: "Too Late" by Colleen Hoover


CURRENT CLASSIC FOR CLASSIC CLUB: 

This week for the Classics club I am reading "Evelina" by Frances Burney.  Most likely this will take me until the end of the month. I'll do a full review once I'm done. 




WHAT I PLAN TO READ NEXT: 
This week I plan to finish the book above and make headway on Evelina.  I also plan to listen on audio to: 




                             AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE: 
Bookish: Not a blog but a video - Carolyn Marie Reads on YouTube - 2022 Reading Goals 








Comments

  1. Looks like you are really enjoying Hoover. I'll look at her books more closely. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This last one (Too Late) was my least favorite. WAY too much unneeded descriptive sexual scenes and so much swearing. I understand she gets into the mind of the character and needs them to come across as realistic - but this one was just too much. The rest that I have read were much better!

      Delete
  2. Your Classics list is definitely giving me some ideas for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! After I finished it I realized about 10 more that I forgot :( I suppose I will just have a short "bonus" list LOL

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing the Book Tuber, will be watching it. Have a great week. https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-5-22.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has definitely inspired me to read more classics this year! Coming over to visit your blog now!

      Delete
  4. Evelina is a classic I'm not familiar with at all. Looks like a good one though! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not familiar with it either! I'm about 1/2-way through now and it is definitely worth the read. I've already had an "I didn't see that coming!" moment and a few areas where I've laughed out loud. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Beloved a few years back. I remember enjoying it but it was quite tragic from what I recall. Thanks for sharing your updates - my post is up now. Happy reading. - http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2022/02/book-date-monday-amreading-feb-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have started Beloved audiobook and I LOVE the sound of Toni Morrison narrating - but I will need to give this book my full attention - cannot listen to it while at work, which is unfortunate! On my way to visit you now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts