Happy Homemaker Monday for Valentine's Day 2022

 

I am linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday! 


The weather:::   Still awful and boring.  Ranging from upper 20s to upper 40s.  A little rain.  Cold enough to keep the sidewalks icy so I can fear for my life. 

On my reading pile:::   I finished the audio book Heartbreak Bay by Rachel Caine.  It was gory and serial killerish but awesome.   


 
 
What I did not finish::: Rock, Paper, Scissors by Alice Feeney.  I listened to about 25% of the audio book (a good two hours) and could NOT get into it!  

Current Audiobook:::  Colleen Hoover's "Too Late" 




On my TV:::   We watched the 80's version of "Anna Karenina" with Jacqueline Bissett and a young, handsome Christopher Reeves. It was REALLY good.  I plan to read the novel over March and April and plan to watch all 3 movie adaptations that I know of beforehand. 

*YouTubers 
 

 
On the menu for this week::: 

 
Monday -   Potatoes, onions and sausage with a side of green beans 
Tuesday -  birthday dinner for Emily - she wants DEL TACO  lol 
Wednesday -  birthday dinner #2 for Emily at my Dad's house - my guess is Chipotle 



Friday - Vegetable spaghetti with garlic toast and steamed broccoli
Saturday - rotisserie chicken, pasta salad, green beans 
Sunday - big pot of chili
 
 
On my to do list:::   

  •  working some overtime this week, but only on Monday, Thursday and Friday 
  • Tuesday Jeff has a doctor's appt, so I will pick him up in Toledo and we will go to his appointment and then take Emily out to lunch 
  • I also promised Emily a thrift shopping trip on Tuesday to a new-to-us place right by the house - after that she wants to go to Marshall's or TJ Maxx (I raised a price conscious/thrifter gal!) 
  • Post office a couple of times to ship out Poshmark orders (praying I get some!)
  • Uploading 3 new items to my Poshmark closet every day 
  • Need to repot my ficus as it has outgrown another pot (makes me happy) 
  • The normal laundry, straightening up, paying bills etc
  • Clean out my car! 
 
What I am planning/journaling/writing:::   I am still working on researching Rahab for the month of February.  I think I will do a post each month with what I've learned about each woman of the Bible.  God has prompted me to put together my own study and He has given me so many ideas.  I'll share more about that next week! 
 
 
Self Care for the Week:::   I am adding this category because I desperately need it.  Being sick pretty much ALL of 2021, I let myself go.  I also made disastrous choices with my hair (went from a blonde to a red-head to almost black)  My skin is dry, I haven't been keeping up with my skincare routine.  I don't do my nails anymore, never wear makeup.  So this will be the place where I make a goal every week to do SOMETHING for myself.  This week it is going to be moisturizing.  Because my skin is dry and itchy and TERRIBLE.  I will get myself a luxurious bottle of lotion or cream and treat myself and my skin!  I work HARD and deserve a little something now and again! 




 
 
What I sold on Poshmark this week::: 

 Only sold one thing this week *sigh*  A pair of Minnetonka fringe ankle boots!  If they would have fit me I would have kept them!  I found them brand new in a thrift store for a few dollars.  
 
On my prayer list:::  
  • I still have my Dad in my prayers.  He is FINALLY showing some improvement after five weeks of a horrible cough and congestion.  Once he is well he will be scheduling his cardio version
  • I'm also praying for Jeff's mom who has ongoing health issues. 
  • Prayers for Lexi Reed (fatgirlfedup on Instagram) who is recovering from near death at only 31 years old.  You can read about it here
  • I also pray for the unrest in the world.  COVID to end.  Our country to have a leadership that will be strong and lead us in the right direction.  Inflation to ease up.  (Groceries and gas are killing me!) 
 
Bible verse, Devotional:::   I am participating in the HB Ministries monthly Study "Unfailing Love".  Researching Rahab.  Reading through Proverbs (albeit slowly)





Comments

  1. Blessings to you! I think your addition to this is a great one. All the best,
    d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you are having an amazing week so far!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are adding in time to take care of yourself! Prayers for your dad's continued recovery. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate it! Hope your week is going well too.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on the self care. I was sick too last year and I really need to step up and get healthier.
    Nice to read about all those books.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is definitely important. I take care of so many people that I am definitely on the back burner! I know that is the same for so many women. I have been moisturizing, I made a hair appointment, and I painted my nails! So far so good!

      Delete
  4. I heartily thank you for visiting ~ My little old world ~ and for leaving such a lovely comment!
    Wishing you a blessed remainder of your week
    XOXO Daniela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such a beautiful blog and so many lovely things to look at! I'm hopeful that you are having a wonderful week as well!

      Delete
  5. Quite a lot accomplished, tho! Praying with you for your concerns, especially covid. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts