Happy Homemaker Monday

 



♥♥ The Weather ♥♥

 It's been frigid, which I'm sure is pretty much the same across the country! But it's going to be 54 degrees in a few days and lots of rain.  I HATE that! 

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
  
 I see snow on the ground and covering the top of my birdhouse. Cars passing by and a hockey rink in the park that will be getting some use very soon. 

♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥

Just doing a little blog hopping and taking my morning medicine!  I slept in this morning. 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

Mostly thinking about goals for the New Year.  But also wondering where the little rack is that goes in the bottom of my Instapot went to! 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥


 I was hit with a vicious bout of food poisoning yesterday!  We had to cancel Christmas dinner.  Feeling much better today so we will be going to my Dad's to have Christmas today. 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥

My son clacking away on his keyboard as I clack away on mine.  A fire siren and a police siren outside.  The rest is silent. 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Nothing yet - I will probably do some chicken noodle soup to test out my stomach. 
               
  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
  Probably just a small snack since we are having a big dinner! 
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
 Ham, turkey, fresh green beans with red potatoes, homemade mac n cheese, baked beans, corn, deviled eggs and homemade bread.  For dessert we have cherry cobbler, chocolate pie, and iced cream.  (There were supposed to be more desserts but .... food poisoning lol) 

 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Still in my pjs.  But since I'm not 100% and we are a casual family, it will be yoga pants and a t-shirt of some sort! 
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

I am still slogging my way through Anna Karenina.  I started it back in May and then I stopped for several months.  I'm about at the 1/2 way point.  The parts about Anna are very good - other parts (like 50 pages about mowing the fields!) are more difficult to get through! 

I will post more about my bookish endeavors tomorrow! 

♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥

Jeff and I watched "Elves" on Netflix - it was pretty silly but he liked it
I started watching Jamestown - so far I am enjoying it
Days of Our Lives
YouTubers (lots of junk journaling and goal planning) 

♥♥ On the menu ♥♥

 
Monday - *see above* Christmas dinner
Tuesday - KFC bowls using leftovers (potatoes, green beans, turkey graving and we'll add stuffing)
Wednesday - Scalloped potatoes and ham 
Thursday -   Stuffed cabbage soup (didn't make last week) 
Friday - Smoked sausage with cabbage onions and egg noodles 
Saturday - Appetizers for NYE 
Sunday - Great northern beans made with the ham bone (having Chinese food but we will make this to bring over to my Dad's so he will have some for the week ahead) 


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
Christmas has exploded!  I'm so glad it is garbage and recycling night!  We have so many bags of wrapping paper and so many boxes that need to be broken down.  I still have gifts on the dining room table as I was sick so they didn't get put away.  Feeling a little panicky because today was supposed to be a clean up day before work tomorrow!  But it will have to wait.  I have a long weekend coming up and things will get back in order! 
 

♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

 
Monday - Dad's for Christmas dinner 
Tuesday - Work, Kdrama with bestie
Wednesday - Work, Grocery shop 
Thursday - Work, Kdrama with bestie
Friday - Work, night in with my sweetie watching movies
Saturday - Dad's for early NYE - having appetizers and having card night with my sisters and nephew
Sunday - Traditional (for us) Chinese Food on NY day
 
  
♥♥ What I'm creating/studying ♥♥
I need to finish up working on the January Bible Study on this blog.  I plan to study Sarah for the entire month.  Her attributes and characteristics.  How she is still relevant to study today.  How important it is for us, as women, to look to the Biblical women and know them on a more "personal" level. 

♥♥ You Tube/Blog/Pin Post to share ♥♥
Lots of Junk Journal stuff - I plan on using one this year as a memory book/documented life/faith book. 




Paper Terrace on YouTube - Different Types of Pages to Make 



♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥
I'm starting a new Bible Study online with a group of ladies on January 11th.  Jeff and I are also starting a new devotional book (Before You Say I Do) on January 1st. 

For now I am scripture writing in my Prayer Journal.  Writing out prayers, current songs and hymns. 



Comments

  1. It certainly has been cold, but I don't enjoy the rain either. I will be stopping by more to read of your Bible study as it sounds like one I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you will stop by to check out the Bible study! It will "officially" start the first Wednesday of the year, so the 4th!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your thinking and pondering category - that's how my mind works too - usually in the shower when I can't write anything down or go looking. Weather has been crazy everywhere! We just had to tie down a few things as the wind has picked up terribly! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind is like that all too often! That is why I keep 100 lists, so I can permanently let some things go out of my brain lol. Yes, the wind was insane here too! Nearly blew me over a lane driving to my Dad's on Christmas morning!

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry you had to miss Christmas dinner, hope you are feeling much better and had a great Christmas dinner last night. Glad I'm not the only one who gets excited for the trash/recycling after Christmas, ours is tomorrow. Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We will end up having Christmas dinner tomorrow! It's not the same but at least we will be spending time with family. I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve!

      Delete
  4. Food poisoning,... ugh! glad you are feeling better. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts