Happy Homemaker Monday, December 19th, 2022

 





♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
It is finally getting a little colder - and there is a possibility of a snowstorm on Thursday!  I really hope we have a white Christmas! 
 

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
 
Still ugly and gray.  Pretty quiet out there today.  
 

♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
I'm technically working right now, but it SHOULD be a very slow week.  I work with life insurance agents who deal with high value policies - and I'd say most of them are on vacation! 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

A lot of stuff really.  Jeff and I really want to move come spring and settle Up North.  But it is going to be SO HARD to be 4 hours away from my Dad.  He really counts on me.  I am not sure what to do.  I have TWO SISTERS who both LIVE WITH HIM - so you would think it would be ok, but it's not.  I'm 52. I've raised three children.  I shouldn't feel selfish that I would like to have a little "me time" before I get too old to enjoy it.  

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

Doing alright. A little frustrated with certain things but overall, I'm very thankful, grateful and blessed! 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
My son typing on the computer.  Someone shuffling around in the kitchen.  The space heater running. 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Jeff made homemade blackberry oatmeal muffins!
  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
I plan to have some Knorr Pasta Sides four-cheese pasta, some raw veggies and dip.   
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
 
GOOD question!  Our big grocery shop is Wednesday so today we are out of a lot of stuff.  No meat at all.  We have plenty of veggies, fruits, grains, etc so either we will have a nice veggie stir fry or Jeff may head to the grocery store to pick up something else.  It's up in the air! 

 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
My fuzzy robe and slippers?  Nightgown underneath.  I do work in my robe sometimes! 
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

I will be posting my "Monday Book Report" post in just a bit! 

♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥

Jeff and I watched "March of the Wooden Soldiers" a couple of days ago.  I watched the movie with my dad when I was just a kid and then he watched it with MY kids.  

  • Days of Our Lives 
  • YouTube - mostly planner set-ups and organization
  • Christmas Movies 

♥♥ On the menu ♥♥

 



Tuesday - Spaghetti with mini meatballs 

Wednesday - Reuben Cheesy Loaf  veggie tray









Saturday -  Our odd family tradition - appetizers and pizza 

Sunday -  Ham, mac n cheese, green beans with red potatoes, baked beans, corn, homemade bread and for dessert "magic dessert bars" (my grandma's recipe) a couple of homemade pies, cookies, ice cream 


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
I'm already not looking forward to losing the Christmas tree in my office.  I also have a Christmas candle going.  Half the house is nice and tidy and then the other half is just cluttered.  I have a huge mountain of boxes filled with gifts I need to wrap.  Wrapping paper, bows and ribbons on the dining room table from wrapping yesterday.  
 

♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

 
Monday - Work.  K-drama with bestie.  Advent Study. Planning.
Tuesday - Work. K-drama with bestie. Advent Study. Planning. 
Wednesday - Work. Grocery shopping, last minute Christmas shopping 
Thursday -   Work. Wrap presents. Advent Study. Planning. 
Friday - Work. K-drama with bestie. Wrap presents. Advent Study. Planning. 
Saturday - Cooking a few things ahead for Christmas day. Dad's house for Christmas Eve, will watch "Smokey Mountain Christmas" on YouTube as I wrap the final presents like I do every year!  
Sunday - Christmas morning we are having a special breakfast and we will open the gifts under the tree.   If the roads are not bad form our snowstorm, we will go over to my dad's so we can all open gifts with my nephew.  We will then go over to Jeff's brother's house to visit with his side of the family.  We'll be back at my Dad's to cook dinner.  Busy and blessed. 
 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
I received these two things from my Secret Santa at work!  



And I received this gorgeous tea pot/teacup set from my soon to be Mother-in-Law.  I love it! 





 
  
♥♥ What I'm creating/studying/planning ♥♥
I've been working a lot on my goals for 2023.  It's going to be a big year.  I pray it will be a GOOD year as well.  There are three big life-changing things that anchor the year.  Jeff and I plan to have a very small church wedding on October 6th.  We also plan to move Up North (still praying on this) and hopefully find a house with some land. And finally, I haven't announced this anywhere yet, but I recently decided to get bariatric surgery.  A sleeve.  I'm going to need knee replacement surgery sometime in the future and it would be too hard on my body at this weight.  Also, the older I get, the more health issues I am getting.  I really want to live to an old age, and after MUCH MUCH MUCH thought and prayer I have decided to go forward with it. I'm just at the planning stage.  I told my primary care physician, watched a seminar and talked to a nurse at the hospital who checked my insurance. So yeah.  

♥♥ You Tube/Blog/Pins to share ♥♥

I've been pinning a lot this week - here are a few things filling my boards: 

Cocktail length wedding dresses: 



Self-care/wellness/self-love sites/challenges and lists: 



Planner everything: 




♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥

Finishing up my Advent study.  I start a new study on January 9th - more about that one next week! 





Comments

  1. Now I'm craving cabbage roll soup, that looks yummy! That wedding dress if very pretty, hope all works out regarding your move up north. The candle is too funny, what does it smell like? And wow, that teapot is gorgeous! Hope you have a great week and a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be cold and snowy by the end of the week and I got a HUGE head of cabbage at the farmer's market! That soup should be perfect. The candle is a buttercream vanilla scent. I hope you have a great week and wonderful Christmas as well!

      Delete
  2. oh my a big year coming up for 2023. You received some beautiful gifts. Wishing a Merry Christmas to you and yours this upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it isn't selfish to move and live a little further away. But you can worry about that and sometimes it's really hard to choose what's right for the rest of your future.

    Your pot/teacup is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving away from my family after being near them my entire life is going to be a huge decision. I'm going to focus on wherever God is leading us!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts