Happy Homemaker Monday - December 12th, 2022

 





♥♥ The Weather ♥♥

 



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
  
 Pretty much the same as last week.  Dreary and gray.  Bare trees. I want SNOW! 

♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
I slept in this morning, and I came to my desk to take my morning medicine and decided to get started on HHM!

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

WELL, it was a big week. My adult son (just turned 24) hit a bump in the road and had to move back home with mom.  So, I have three adult children living with me. Jennah may be with me for a lifetime as she has autism and although she is extremely high functioning, she does have some basic life skills issues.  So, we shall see.  The other two I expect out and on their feet within a year.  (OR ELSE) They are 22 and 24 and both very smart and capable!  Emily does have severe anxiety issues, so she has taken a little longer than most to do things, but she is determined and has a clear plan. I have complete faith in her. Jacob has bradycardia, he's hypotensive and has narcolepsy.  So there's that. But I know he will be a-ok as well! 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

I'm in a MUCH better mood than last week.  I've got some things going on with my hormones and thyroid and it's been tough regulating my emotions! I have to keep reminding myself of all of thing things in my life that I have to be grateful for! 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Right now, I'm listening to my fiancé's phone.  He's watching YouTube videos. I can hear the traffic outside of my window as always and some bird chatter. 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Avocado toast with eggs and feta. Yum!  Can we talk about the price of eggs????????  Oh MAN it's killing me!  We love eggs and use a ton of them!  I used to buy 36 every two weeks and that would barely last us.  Now we are trying to make 2 dozen last and it's just not enough.  
               
  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
  The plan for lunch today is leftover chili!  Jeff made some super yummy chili for dinner last night. 
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
 We are going to my Dad's for dinner.  We are going to have hamburgers and chips with a veggie tray.  I'm going to make myself a SMASH BURGER.  I've been wanting to try them! 




 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
I'm not dressed yet so I'm in my pjs - black camo leggings with a black t-shirt. Slippers. 
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

For a full recap of my reading week and upcoming plans, please see my "The Monday Book Report" post, which will be up some time on Monday! (I hope) 

I finished Rachel Caine's "Trapper Road"  5 stars and Shanna Harfield's "Holiday Hope" 4 stars 
I started "An Ivy Hill Christmas" by Julie Klassen 

♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥

*Watching Iteawan Class on Netflix with my bestie - it's a really good K-Drama. We are enjoying it. 
*Days of Our lives.  Always! 
*YouTube videos.  Lots of planner videos, budget meals, and goal setting. 





♥♥ On the menu ♥♥

 
Monday - Korean BBQ chicken with steamed broccoli and white rice, Asian salad 
Tuesday - Dad's house for game night. Fish and fries (and sweet potato fries) with corn and salad
Wednesday - Nacho bar (ground beef, beans, cheese, onions, salsa, etc.) Southwest Salad
Thursday -   Chicken and stuffing casserole with green beans and roasted potatoes 


Friday - Spaghetti with meat sauce and steamed broccoli 
Saturday - Madras lentils with rice 
Sunday - Dad's house for dinner. Dad's choice! 


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
Things are a little cramped with an extra body in the house. I need to do some major decluttering come the first of the year. Anything extra has to GO!  Jeff and I will be buying a house (or at least moving up north next year) and I am only taking things with me that I love! 

♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

 Not too much on the list this week!  Jennah is done with her classes until next semester. We don't have any evening plans. 


Monday - Work, Call dr's office and my CC company.  K-Drama with Bestie 
Tuesday - Work. Dad's house for dinner and game night
Wednesday - Work, K-Drama with Bestie 
Thursday -   Work, K-Drama with Bestie 
Friday - Work, Wrap presents
Saturday - Drive out to fruit market with my sister, Sarah 
Sunday - Church. Dad's house for dinner
 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥

 
This is my son, Jacob, after eating 6 pounds of Pho at a Vietnamese restaurant and getting it for free! 
This is me (with the barrette in my hair) and my mother (the pretty woman with the bun).  It's one of the only photos I have of us together!  Neither of us like to get our pictures taken. 
I hurt my back Saturday so spent the evening lying in bed.  Sammy was kind enough to lie on top of my belly to "take care of me"  lol 
  
♥♥ What I'm creating/studying ♥♥
I'm studying Sarah in the Bible for the Bible Study I plan to start next month! I'm going to immerse myself in Sarah for the entire month of January!  

♥♥ You Tube/Blog Post/Website to share ♥♥
These are some things I've been Pinning lately: 





10 THINGS 


♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥
Continuing my Advent studies. Writing in my prayer journal. Studying about Sarah. I also joined Bible Cafe University to try out their online Zoom Bible Studies.  A new one starts on January 9th. 





Comments

  1. I've been feeling the need to de-clutter as well. It's certainly different with adult children at home. Of course, mine haven't ever left (yet) and are just barely 18 and 21. They'll all get there, I'm sure. Hope your back feels better and that you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confident they will get there - I'm ready for them to get there SOON. hahahaha My back is mostly back to normal, thanks! Hope you are having a great week too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dear Friend! Sorry I'm so late this week. We momma's do try to do it all don't we? For our kiddos and everyone else. I have a bad back this season too - so not helping things. We need to give ourselves grace and keep our focus on the reason for the season. I love your healthy vision board and self care chart. And I love the pic of your son - I love pho soup too! But maybe not THAT much. Lol The pic of you and your Mom is so sweet. I think you should make a point to take lots of pics- even when we don't like them. Our kids will be so blessed to have them. 😉 xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts