Happy Homemaker Monday & Happy New Year!

 


Hello ladies! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!  We spent New Year's Eve with my family.  We finally made the big Christmas dinner we missed due to being ill.  We were home by 9:00 though.  Being in a big city, we heard TONS of gunfire ringing in the New Year.  It was a bit scary honestly! 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Boring! Today is mid 40s and cloudy.  The rest of the week is mid to upper 30s with clouds and/or rain.  Yuck.  I HATE IT.  Bring me some real winter weather! 
 

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
  Boring! Just ugly.  Everything is brown.  Muddy.  Damp. Bare.  Yuck.  There IS a touch of blue in the sky, so I will be thankful for it!! 
 

♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
I wasn't able to sleep much last night due to my yucky shoulder, so I slept in.  I'm about to take my medicine and wanted to get HHM up before I started my day! 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

A new year always has me thinking of what is to come!  I've mentioned my surgery already and my wedding!  Those are obviously the two cornerstones of my year.  But there is a third huge goal I'm undertaking.  I'm creating a free one-year study of the women of the word.  God started nudging me toward this a year ago.  I've hid from his calling long enough!  I'll be posting every Wednesday and Friday for a full year.  Every month we will focus on a different woman from the Bible. January is all about Sarah!  I'm scared and excited.  Mostly, I am just following the path our Lord has laid out in front of me!  The first post will be this Wednesday, January 4th. 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

I'm on week two of a stomach bug.  Started Christmas morning but still lingering!  I've read that it lasts two weeks and they were not kidding!  I'm drinking ginger ale and lots of water.  Taking my vitamins and taking it easy. 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Just background sounds right now.  Cars racing by. A bird singing. My son's space heater.  My fiancé watching YouTube on his phone. 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Nothing this morning.  I think I will do brunch. 
               
  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
 
Ham, egg and potato breakfast burritos.  I'll be making extra to have for breakfast for a few days. 
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
For the THIRD WEEK IN A ROW, I am moving this recipe: Stuffed cabbage soup!  

 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Going to take a shower in just a bit so still in my pjs and fuzzy slippers! 
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

For 2023 I have huge reading goals!  You can see my post: HERE 

Yesterday I started "War and Peace", "Jane Eyre" (reread) and "Tish" for my book challenges!  
I started W&P last year, but it was a lot, so I put it aside.  It was really GOOD though, so I have picked it back up with new fervor! 

"Tish" is based on a true story about a woman who leaves her home in Oregon and travels to Alaska to be a schoolteacher!  I read the first two chapters last night and so far it is really good! 

♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥

Days of Our Lives 
YouTube
Chesapeake Shores 
Finishing up Itaewan Class with my bestie 

♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
Monday - Stuffed cabbage soup (for real this time!) 
Tuesday - Del Taco with Emily after her doctor's appointment! 
Wednesday - Navy beans made with ham bone 
Thursday -   Spaghetti, green beans and garlic bread
Friday - Out to dinner - Roma's Italian Restaurant 
Saturday - Sheetpan chicken fajitas 
Sunday - Dad's house: Fish, wild rice, green beans, salad 


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

 Emily is taking the tree down today.  We usually wait for Epiphany, but we have a lot going on this week. I have SO much decluttering to do before we move.  I look at things and think:  Do I want these at the new house?  I truly have too much stuff 

♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

 
Monday - Meal prep for a couple days, get blogs posted, update planners, clean up office
Tuesday - Work, watch Itaewon Class with bestie
Wednesday - Work, get first Bible Study post up, drive Em to her doctor's appt
Thursday -   Work, watch Itaewon Class with bestie
Friday - 9 a.m. doctor's appointment, run errands, grocery shopping
Saturday - Self-care Day - rest, read, blog, memory-book update, journal
Sunday - Dad's house for dinner 

♥♥ What I'm creating/studying ♥♥
I already mentioned above that I am creating a Bible Study.  It's super exciting!  I'm also working in a junk journal to document 2023. 

♥♥ You Tube/Blog Post to share ♥♥
I attended this online conference last week, Made for More - which is a Christian goal writing seminar.  Encouraging us to dream again.  It was great!  The first day was uploaded to Youtube.  





♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥
I'm starting a study with Bible Cafe on the 9th called "Prayers and Promises of the Bible". There is a small group online Wednesday evenings starting next week.  I'm really excited to fellowship! 





Comments

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family. Health, love and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts