Self-Care Sunday #3

 



Good morning and happy Sunday! One of my goals for 2023 is to focus more on self-care.  I've been trying every week so far - but I'm still struggling!  It's been a wonderful, busy, exciting, full and hopefully year so far.  But my physical self (especially) is still lacking! 

WHAT WORKED WELL IN SELF CARE THIS WEEK: One thing I HAVE been doing that is absolutely wonderful and I am proud of myself for is that I have started a morning routine!  Part of the morning routine is the #75selflove challenge.  It is a BABY STEPS program for (mostly) women who are (mostly) overweight.  She is a plus size yoga instructor that I found on Instagram a few years back.  Tiffany Croww (see a sample of her Insta Reels HERE

The first week was very gentle and motivating.  It was a one-minute meditation and five minutes of simple, easy movement.  It's exactly the amount I need to start.  To look forward to doing it instead of dreading it.  And that is the point, she wants these things to become habits.*  

The other things she suggests (which have been hit or miss but I am going to work hard on them this week! I promise!)  

*Journal
*Read
*Take five deep breaths outdoors 

I journaled 3 days, read 3 days and took deep breaths twice (once was in the car - so kinda outdoors?)  

That along with my TAG  (time along with God) in prayer and Bible Journaling, worship and devotion - well - actually my self- love has grown this past week. 

I also set up my tea table in the corner of my office!  I love it, but have an even better idea now (see below) 

WHAT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT: Wellllllll I didn't do 4/5 of my plans for last week.  
(I DID NOT: Set up Pinterest Vision Board, spend 10 minutes giving compliments on social media, drink some water EVERY day, dye my hair)  

WHAT I WILL DO THIS WEEK: 
1. Continue my Morning Routine! 
2. Change tea station table to a tea CORNER - adding to dining room (right next to office, so still very accessible) but putting my teapot collection above it on the plate rail! 
3. Mani-pedi
4. DYE MY HAIR
5. Set up both a Pinterest and physical CHRISTIAN vision board
6. Drink more water

What will you do for yourself this week????? 

Sherry 

*As for yoga and vision boards - these CAN be used in un-Christian-like ways.  I think they are both important for ME and I bring God into everything I do!  I thank God during my Yoga practice, add prayer and Bible study goals to my vision board - so just in case you were wondering - God is my foundation!  

Comments

Popular Posts