Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/9/2023


Good morning beautiful ladies!  I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend!  I did a lot of crafting, relaxing and we went to my dad's house to have dinner on Sunday. 


♥♥ The Weather ♥♥

 It is the same ol'.  We are hovering around 40 for the entire week.  It is one of the most boring Januarys that I can ever remember.  Gray, ugly, no snow. Blah.

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
  
 I actually have something cool outside of my window right now!  There is a bike group that rides every second Sunday in Detroit.  They are rolling past my window right now! It's a family friendly bike ride promoting more activity. The group is the Walk 'n Rollers. 





♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
I stayed up really late last night working on my Bible Study so I slept in today.  I picked up the kitchen just a bit and then headed over to my office to work on my blog posts for the morning!  I have my caffeine and plan to take my medicine and vitamins! 

♥♥On my bedside table♥♥
Funny you should add this, Sandra!  I just rearranged my bedside "table" yesterday and took pictures!  I have a rolling cart as my table.  I craft/plan/read/study while we watch tv at night so I need everything at arm's length! 


 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
I am watching a YouTube video of a junk journal haul.  I can also hear Jeff watching t.v., a truck going by on the road outside and the clacking of my keyboard. 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
No breakfast today, I slept in and I'm having some caffeine. 
               
  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
Chicken noodle soup   
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
 
We are going to my Dad's house for dinner this evening.  We are making baked fish, long grain and wild rice, green beans and salad. 

 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Cat pj pants and a tshirt with my fuzzy slippers 
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

Currently reading War and Peace, re-reading Jane Eyre, and reading a really cute book by Robert Specht, Tisha.  It's a true story about a woman who travels to the Alaska wilderness to be a schoolteacher.  I'm really enjoying all three books right now! 

I also just started "Demon Copperhead" by Barbara Kingsolver.  It's a library book so I am not sure if I will be able to finish it up before it's due back.  

♥♥ On my TV ♥♥

Days of Our Lives
YouTube
Death in the Dorms (True Crime on Hulu) 
1923

♥♥ On the menu for this week♥♥

 
Monday - Fish, wild rice, green beans and salad 
Tuesday - Shrimp and veggie stir fry over rice 
Wednesday - Taste of Home's Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup with sourdough bread 

Thursday -   Smoked sausage with potatoes and veggies 
Friday - Spaghetti and green beans 
Saturday - YOYO
Sunday -  Dad's house 


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
It's bulk garbage and recycling day here in Detroit so I have a TON of stuff we are getting rid of - so my living room is full of boxes and bags.  We are also donating a bunch of clothing and all of those boxes are in there until this afternoon when we take them to be placed in new homes. Can't wait to get rid of some things!  I want to rearrange my office so I can finally get my "Tea Bar" set up! Hopefully pictures next week of that! 
 

♥♥Plans for this week♥♥
Monday - Work, Business Mentoring School*, Kdrama with bestie
Tuesday - Work, Business Mentoring School, Coaching*
Wednesday - Work, Business Mentoring School, Bible Cafe online small group for new study*
Thursday -   Work, Business Mentoring School, Kdrama with bestie
Friday - Work, Business Mentoring School
Saturday - Rest, relax, craft, plan, meal prep 
Sunday - Dad's house 
 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥

Two of my babies.  Above is our senior cat, Mr. Beatnik.  Below is our handsome Ollie Bear.  He is like a toddler.  He cries for attention, cries outside his "mother's" door to be let him, needs snuggles and lots of treats! 



♥♥ What I'm creating/studying/Pinning ♥♥

I want to start a Self-Care Sunday post.  It's something I plan on working toward this year, but so far January hasn't looked much different than 2022. 

♥♥ You Tube/Blog Post to share ♥♥

My Abiding Journal - I want one of these cork covers! 

♥♥Praying for♥♥
Family
Friends
USA
World 

♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥

Above I mentioned that I am starting a new Bible study with Bible Cafe this week.  I'm also working on my own Bible study!  It will be a year-long study of the Women of the World.  This month is all about Sarai/Sarah.  You can see the first post HERE if you are interested! I'll be posting twice a week.  

Have an incredibly blessed week! 

Sherry 

Comments

  1. I love your bedside table. I have found if I do much in my room then I don't sleep well. Your menu sounds great. I want to read Tisha so I will be heading to the library soon to see if it is available there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to have a rolling cart as a side table. Love it ♥ That Death in the Dorms sounds like my kind of show, I'm obsessed with Crime shows, podcasts etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bedside table. The Sunday self-care posts - great idea. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun bedside table. I'll be excited to see your Sunday self-care posts. Could use some ideas. And I'm checking out that soup recipe right now. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts