Tea Party for One

 


I've been pretty obsessed with all things tea since I was just a girl.  My mom drank her tea like I do now, sweet with added cream.  I can also appreciate a nice herbal tea, a spicy chai or a strong black tea too.  There are not too many teas that I do not like! 

It has been building in my mind how I want to start doing a "fancy" tea for myself.  Not just sip a chai latte as I work in my fuzzy robe.  But actually, have a tablecloth meant for my teas.  Mismatched antique cups and saucers or new ones that mean something to me.  A cream and sugar set with a special spoon.  

This perfectly fits in with my goal of adding in more self-care to my life.  You can read more about this HERE




My daughter and I went out to the thrift store yesterday.  I was able to find two pretty cups and one saucer.  It's a start!  My daughter also bought me a floral cream and sugar set for Christmas, and I got a tea cozy as well.  My tablecloth is on its way!  I have a drawer full of tea. (I see from the picture above I now "need" some doilies!!) 

They have some beautiful sets of mismatched teacups and saucers on Etsy.  They are a little steep for my wallet, so I will build up my treasures from visiting thrift stores! But I am tempted!  Look at these pretties: 




I will be hosting a tea party for one in the next few days to go along with the current Bible Study that I am writing.  Every month I will have a tea with the theme of the Woman of the Bible that I will be writing about/studying.  


In case you are like me and are just a bit "extra" - here are some adorable tea party for one tags for instant download on Etsy. 

Here are a couple that you can print for free! 

This one is from the blog Lorelai's Things


Download the file HERE

And from one of my favorite blogs for the past several years, Arabah Joy.  Click this link and enter your email and she will send you the tea printable below for free.  (I just signed up for mine!) 




So, stay tuned!  I hope you will join in and have a solo cup of tea along with me! Next time we will make some tea bag envelopes! 

PLEASE leave a comment and let me know what your favorite tea is!!  Do you use a mug? A China cup? An insulated tumbler?  Something else?  Do you ever take time to make your teatime 'fancy'??  

Have a very blessed day! 

Sherry 


Comments

Popular Posts