Happy Homemaker Monday!!

 



Good morning beautiful ladies!  I hope you are all doing well today and had an enjoyable weekend. 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
We have actually had two days of sun in a row.  I'm amazed! It's also a little colder today than it has been too. 

For the upcoming week our weather looks like: (MORE YUCK!) 

Monday - 40 degrees and rain
Tuesday - 46!!!!! and cloudy
Wednesday - 42 and cloudy
Thursday -   44 and rainy
Friday - 36 and cloudy
Saturday - 36 and cloudy
Sunday - 36 and partly sunny
 

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
 
It's sunny!  The park across the street just put in a whole work-out area!  I can see it well from my office window.  I believe a new basketball court may be going up next to it.  We also have the hockey season starting!  I love the sport and the atmosphere as well as the music and sounds coming from the rink across the street.  I DO NOT like how they take up all the parking! 

♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Watching a You-Tube video (Flourishing Miranda) and catching up on some posts!  Thinking about what to make for breakfast.  Noticing that my orchid that I've had nearly four years has THREE stems (is that right? stalks? shoots?) that will flower in a couple of months.  I can't wait! 

Also, Emily and I ran some errands together yesterday. We went to a thrift store and she picked out a ton of cute clothing.  I scored a cute wreath, a Reader's Digest book cut into the shape of Michigan, a box to keep my journals in and the BEST thing - a brand new Wenger computer case for only 6.99!  It is selling right now on Amazon for $84! 






♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
I am always thinking about so much!  I've been rearranging my office and I've been thinking about that.  I've been pondering about how much longer I should stay in this house before looking to buy something up north.  I've been worried about my kids and my Dad.  Just a lot. 

♥♥On my bedside table♥♥
I rearranged a bit again this week!  I bought SO MUCH junk journal stuff from TEMU!  I also bought a few containers to keep them organized. Have you checked them out?  I am obsessed!  They are like an online dollar store kinda.  I have scored SO much great washi tape, ephemera, stickers, and more.  They have free shipping and I get 30-40% off coupons all the time.  ANYWHO - I have a small basket with stickers, a box of washi and a spot to keep a drink.  My two books (of course) and a new mermaid-y iridescent bag holing ephemera. My journals.  AND also from the above-mentioned website, I got a tiny pink holder that sticks to my bedside cart that holds my phone/Kindle charger and my earbuds!  I am always losing those and it's so nice to know right where to find them. 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

I'm pretty good.  I have a lot of things that I have to deal with and worry about, but overall, I am abundantly blessed, and I really can't complain! 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
YouTube video: 50 Meals for $75! (Vegan) on Flourishing Miranda



♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
I think I am going to make some avocado toast with a breakfast "hash".  I plan to make that ahead to eat for breakfasts for the week. 
               
  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
  Since breakfast will be late - it will be more like brunch. 
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
 Stuffed pepper soup with fresh bread 








 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
A Fleetwood Mac t-shirt and yoga pants.  Messy bun.  Reading glasses on my head.  *SHRUG* 
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

Still reading War and Peace, Jane Eyre and Tisha.  Still absolutely LOVING ALL 3!  I hope to finish Jane and Tisha by the end of the month.  

♥♥ On my TV ♥♥

Heather and I finished our last K-drama, Itaewon Class and it was SO GOOD!  5/5
We are now watching "Reborn Rich" on Viki 
YouTube videos (Cooking, Budgeting, Junk Journaling, Planning, True Crime, Dollar Tree Hacks) 
Days of Our Lives 
Another K-Drama that is supposed to be amazing = Alchemy of Souls 


♥♥ On the menu for this week♥♥
 
Monday - Taco Salad 
Tuesday - Spaghetti with veggie sauce, salad and garlic bread 
Wednesday - Jambalaya and cornbread 


Saturday - Big Mac Salad 


Sunday - Sloppy Joe's and oven baked potato wedges (dad's house) 


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

 Looks pretty good!  Still rearraging my office, but I should finish that today.  I plan on cleaning windows and wood tomorrow!  Going to smell all nice and lemony. 

♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

 
Every day this week I have a live video to watch for a Bible study that I am doing along with Heather Baxter Ministries

I am also doing "Life Mentoring School" with Edie Wadsworth.  She is another great Christian lady, and I did her "Made for More" series and was so inspired that I decided to do the LMS as well.  We just did an entire week on starting your own business.  She is very motivating, and the community is amazing! 

Monday - Give Mr. Beatnik (our senior cat) a bath, windows and wood cleaning day
Tuesday - Doctor appts for me, Emily and Jeff - Uno night at Dad's house
Wednesday - Work, Watch K-Drama with Bestie 
Thursday -   Work, Go to the library to work on my Women of the Word study
Friday - Work, K-Drama with Bestie, 
Saturday - Dinner at Jeff's Mom's house
Sunday - Dinner at Dad's house


♥♥ What I'm creating/studying/Pinning ♥♥
Working on my junk journal, which is my memory keeping book!  I'm also doing a lot of studying for the Women of the Word Bible study that I am sharing here on this blog.  I'd love it if you would check it out! 

♥♥ You Tube/Blog Post to share ♥♥
This is one of the creative junk journal channels I follow.  She has so many wonderful ideas! 




♥♥Praying for♥♥
My Dad - he has been feeling down lately.  His business is crumbling, he's depressed, and he has not been feeling well physically. 
My sister Sarah - she has a job interview and I think this job would be perfect for her!  If you might say a prayer that she gets the job, I would be highly appreciative! 
My work bff, Christy -  She had an acute onset of what the ER thought was glaucoma but turns out is most likely uveitis brought on by an underlying autoimmune disease.  Her vision has been dramatically impaired, and she is in pain. She will be undergoing surgery.  I'm really worried about her! 
My son, Jake - He is also very depressed.  We are trying to get him some insurance as he has several serious medical conditions going unmedicated right now. 

♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥
My soon-to-be mother-in-law sent me home a devotional.  I did Jesus Calling in 2021 and loved it.  She sent me: Jesus Listens.  She always touches me with her thoughtfulness! Here is a devotion from that book for you to read.  You can get this as an e-book through Kindle Unlimited as well! 




Have an amazingly blessed day ladies!!!  May this week you make time for yourselves, find some joy, look in the little places to see God and be grateful for all the good in your lives. 

Sherry 

Comments

  1. That stuffed pepper soup looks so good! Prayers for those around you dealing with depression and other physical ailments. And that your sister gets the job. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stuffed pepper soup is one of our favorites! It's really good! Hope you have a lovely week as well!

      Delete
  2. Hi Friend! Love your wallpaper. ;)
    I love going to thrifty places and finding such fun deals. And your menu looks and sounds so yummy!
    Prayers for you Dad and all of those suffering these days. My the Lord give him peace and direction. 🙏
    I hope you have a blessed rest of the week. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to another thrift store today - always hoping to find a nice edition of a classic novel for my collection lol. Thank you for the prayers! I truly appreciate them. Have a blessed week too!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much! I love the blue and green colors together. I did have a good thrifting day and didn't buy too much this time around! Hope you have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you are quite busy! And I am glad you are enjoying War and Peace, and Jane Eyre, great books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be so busy but I also do not find enough time to read! It's the 19th and I haven't finished a single book. BUT! I told myself this year it is the quality and not the quantity of books! I have read Jane Eyre a couple of times in my life and loving it again. War and Peace I'm savoring!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts