Bible Study Notebooks

 




Happy Monday! 

I wanted to talk about Bible Notebooks today.  They go by other names as well - Bible Journals, Binders, Bible Study Notes, etc.  It's certainly nothing formal!  

WHAT DO I USE FOR A BIBLE STUDY NOTEBOOK? 

I've used 3-ring binders (and actually plan on starting another one to hold my current Women of the Word Bible Study once I find the time to do some printouts!) I've also used decorative journals, bullet journals, composition notebooks, legal pads, paperclipped printouts, pocketed folders and junk journals.  I've been buying and making them for years!  

I've always been a paper person.  A list person.  A planner person.  So, when I found out about the world of Bible Notebooks, I was IN! 

You can find free printables online to start your own notebook .  Here are a few: 


These are from The Holy Mess  




Here are some from Homeschool Giveaways





These are from the Housewife Modern


WHAT DO I KEEP IN A BIBLE STUDY NOTEBOOK? 

It's truly up to you.  You can keep EVERYTHING in there.  Prayer requests, Sermon notes, lists of activities for women's night at Church, hymns, Bible Study notes and ideas.  Or you can keep it simple and keep a notebook for only Bible Study notes and printouts.  

The best thing about it is that you can make it completely your own.  If you like numbered lists, make numbered lists.  If you draw, make one full of doodles.  If you like colors, use all different types of pens.  If you are super creative, make junk journal pages with pockets and flaps with your notes interspersed. 


HOW DO I MAKE MY OWN? 

I found a great video from a blog I have followed for years, Arabah Joy.  She has a wonderful post with instructions on making your own study notebook.  There are free printables for you too.  

Arabah Joy: How to Create Your Own Bible Study Notebook 




Here is another option from Women Inspired Series




Whatever style you choose, neat or messy, straightforward or creative, purchased or made from materials you already have at home - the important thing is that you are going to be MEETING WITH GOD in these pages! 

I'll be posting more about Bible Study Notebooks in the future, because I find them to be an excellent tool and they have helped me learn so much over the years.  

If you haven't used one before, I hope you will give it a try!

Sherry


Comments

  1. I started a prayer journal last year, but never completed it. I think I will begin a Bible Study one instead. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up purchasing a prayer journal from Coffee and Bible Time and I love it so much. I made a separate Bible Study Journal because it helps me stay more focused. I'm a very visual and creative person and it helps me get even deeper into the Word. My next big goal is to set up a Morning Routine where I have a dedicated time to spend time alone with God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts