Self-Care Sunday

 


So, it's not exactly Sunday - but I do want to talk about Self Care.  God put it on my heart that I really need to start taking care of myself - inside and out. 

I have three grown children. Three rescue cats, one elderly.  A father I try to help out when I can.  Two grown sisters who can't seem to take care of themselves.  A fiancé. A full-time job.  A Bible study I'm writing.  Classes I'm taking.  I am LAST on my list - and I have been for years. 

I have a feeling that a lot of other women are in the same place as I am.  And I'm telling you, if you weren't before, the pandemic may have put you there! I know I was teetering back and forth before COVID.  Afterward I just couldn't find a pair of yoga pants or a messy bun that didn't call my name.  I work in my pajamas (at home of course) at least once per week.  I wear t-shirts or a sweatshirt every other day.  I don't wear makeup.  I SOMETIMES use my face creams. I rarely moisturize.  I don't buy myself flowers. I don't enjoy enough cups of tea.  I don't take mental health days.  I don't go to movies or dinner by myself and read a book.  I don't go for walks anymore.  I rarely stretch.  I don't make myself a priority.  AT ALL. 

So Self Care "Sunday" (the plan is for it to be published each Sunday) is to talk about what we have and what we WILL do for OURSELVES.  NOT taking care of the house. Working overtime. Running the kids around. Taking care of an elderly parent. 

We are going to schedule time on our calendars JUST FOR US.  A manicure. A hair masque. A massage. Eyebrow wax.  Buying a new candle. Window shopping. An hour of reading at a coffee house.  

YOU ARE IMPORTANT.  We women bust our behinds taking care of everything!  We are so darn amazing that it's not even funny!  God made us REMARKABLE, and He did not want us to go through life ignoring ourselves!  WE COUNT!  What we want MEANS SOMETHING.  

So don't go another week ignoring yourself.  Don't feel selfish for pampering yourself.  

Please comment below ONE THING you will do this week JUST FOR YOU.  

I am going to do a manicure and pedicure. Before I post again on Sunday.  I am going to keep my word to myself too! 

Please please join me! We deserve it! 

Sherry 

Comments

  1. You are so correct on this. I care for my father in law and my mom and I have a daughter and two grands next door that constantly need me. My husband thinks I can do anything extra that needs done and I find that weeks go by and I can not seem to make time for myself. That has changed since my last surgery as I have had to stop for a bit. I am currently enjoying a cup of hot tea and reading my blog friends post. Self care win for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! That is awesome! I seem to "reward" myself by spending money. I think - i deserve this for all I do! But that in and of itself is a bad habit I need to break! I think I will indulge in a cup of tea today myself! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts