Happy Homemaker Monday

 

Please join Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday HERE 



The Weather:::
I am quite unhappy with our holiday weather.  We have one winter-like day on Tuesday, but the rest of the time we are talking about temperatures hovering around 50 and rain. 



As I look outside my window:::

Hockey is back in SW Detroit and it was registration day.  Lots of little guys skating around the rink, full parking lot, and music over the loudspeakers.  I enjoy it all except not having parking during games! 


Right now I am:::
Sort of watching a movie with Jeff - "You, Me, and the Christmas Trees" - it's your typical Halmark movie with Danica McKellar. 

Thinking and pondering:::
Quite a lot on my mind actually.  Thinking about the few gifts I still need to get, stocking stuffers (for my adult children and fiance! and cats) My work party on the 20th (virtual, but on camera) the groceries for Christmas dinner - and then also all the planning I'm doing for 2024.  I have big goals for next year and I'm expecting a lot of myself. 


On my bedside table:::
Remember how I cleaned off the small bookshelf next to my bed last week?  Yeah, it's all cluttered again, my friends.  I got a LOT of books this week, mostly from Thrift Books and they are piled up and my Bible supplies and my annotating supplies as well.  


On my tv this week:::
Days of Our Lives
YouTube videos 
Christmas Movies
48 hours 

Listening to:::
The Christmas movie and my fan (hot flashes all the time!  haha) 

Grocery Challenge:::
I am officially starting the grocery challenge on January 3rd, as that will be my payday and shopping day.  I will also start no-spend January (I will be posting all about that in one of the last blogmas posts for December) on January 1st! 
 

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Lentil and vegetable stew with rice
Tuesday - Pasta with plain red sauce and side of green beans
Wednesday - Breakfast burritos (I have tortillas and bf sausage i need to use) 
Thursday -  A soup or stew to use up veggies in my fridge 
Friday -  Dearborn (local) Kielbasa with sauerkraut and potatoes
Saturday - YOYO
Sunday - Christmas Eve - appetizers and pizza (our tradition) 
 
 
On my reading pile:::
I am still reading A Tale of Two Cities as well as A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.  I'm also still reading The Canary Girls. 

Books I purchased this week:  
  • Covered Wagon Women 1850
  • Covered Wagon Women 1851
  • East of Eden by John Steinbeck
  • Song of Solomen by Toni Morrison
  • Poetry of Anthology
  • Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
  • A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens 

On my to do list:::
  • Finish wrapping gifts at home
  • Finish buying stocking stuffers
  • Work Christmas Party
  • Dad's house to finish wrapping his gifts
  • Work M-F
  • Writing Group X3
  • Finish rearranging my "study" and the living/dining room 
  • Make vet appt for my tuxedo cat



What I am writing and/or Bible Journaling:::
I am unfocused in my writing - I have the two finished books but instead of editing and doing rewrites I'm writing something new.  I need to find more discipline if I want to see myself published this year! 

A look at my planner:::
I'll be doing a planner post before the end of December too.  

Looking around the house:::
I am still rearranging - but I can't put my work desk where I want it until after Christmas because that is where the Christmas tree is right now and all the gifts! 

 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::



Comments

Popular Posts